Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: new Raven holster

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think they are both terrific choices (along with the Keeper, Dark Star, SME and Shaggy) . Concealment is similar on both. The Raven is obviously more configurable. The JM is available for all the different stuff I like. If you aren't into Lego, the JM comes ready to wear. JM is Tony, I can get him on my cell phone anytime, and he doesn't laugh at my latest request for some pistol that doesn't begin with G. The Raven and JM come at the same objective from a different approach -- the Raven through a modular design, the JM by Tony building you a custom holster to your exact spec.
    I love my JM AIWB. The only area it lacks in is mounting options. I really wish he had a quality over the belt clip option.

Been using the holster now for a couple of weeks. Very fast (not surprising given the ride height compared to my usual holsters) and very comfortable. Not nearly as concealable, but hopefully that will change with the soft loops. Overall I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    I love my JM AIWB. The only area it lacks in is mounting options. I really wish he had a quality over the belt clip option.
    Jay23 we do have a clip that works with my AIWB, it allows less rotational movement, and it's more concealable than the soft loops. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I talked with one of the Raven guys about this very issue and there are soft loops and different overhooks in the works that will allow for more adjustability in regards to ride height.

I'm not quite in SLG's boat, but I would certainly like about another 1/2-3/4" of height adjustment, especially on the area around the trigger guard...and apparently that's going to happen when the full retail launch takes place.
    The additional adjust-ability is great news! I think I'll pick one of these up. And to think I just got a Phantom literally RIGHT before these got launched. Go figure

I had trouble getting enough retention for two out of three of my G19s (all Gen 3). The two that need more retention are 5-6 years old, and the one that works is one year old.

Trying to increase the retention I tightened the retention screw too far and cracked the plastic loop surrounding the screw hole. Since they use a countersunk style of screw, it will lend itself to cracking the plastic with too much pressure. And since that tab is part of the holster body -- not easy to replace.

For the time being (i.e. until they have stock for a warranty return, and possibly a new run with more retention adjustment) I just put a washer under the screw. Still don't have enough retention for the older guns.

Having used the Raven for a while, I think the single best thing about it is the wedge construction and how it attaches to the holster body.

Paging Tom at Dark Star -- I have a design idea for you that will leapfrog Raven Concealment. Will appeal to the sport shooter, ECQC devotee and fitness geeks.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

All ears.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

If it helps, Mr_White thinks also thinks it is a good idea, and thought you were just the guy to run with this.

First, some design objectives. Should be able to be worn left or right side, different positions, adjustable height, although concealment will be tricky. You still up for it?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Sure.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    So what was the big idea?

User Tag List