Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: new Raven holster

When will there be another run for sale?

Been using mine four or five days. This product brings RC into the big leagues of top appendix holsters. They really broke the mold, or more accurately, made a mold, using innovative thinking to make a versatile and competitive product.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Been using mine four or five days. This product brings RC into the big leagues of top appendix holsters. They really broke the mold, or more accurately, made a mold, using innovative thinking to make a versatile and competitive product.
    This is probably the most impressive review I've read about the Eidolon considering how picky you seem to be about things, and I don't mean that to sound offensive. You're just a guy that analyzes things much further than most.

so today I'm wearing two things which are quite innovative designs compared the norm. I've had the Eidolon now for almost a week and I'm really impressed. I've been wearing a Raven VG2 for an M&P or Glock since 2012, before that I had been using the ACR which was garbage IMO. This holster does a great job of concealing the gun while still being comfortable, and in the past I had found it to be a compromise between the two. Now I still do have a 5Shot SME on order and I'm really excited for it as I still want to try leather.I think for the price and modularity Raven really hit a home run on this platform and they will sell like hot cakes, and given the design/materials I'm sure it will be very profitable for Raven.

In the end this holster can't/won't work for everyone but it's a solution for me.

IMG_3300 by SiDave, on Flickr
    Chemist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fineis View Post
    Or you could have contacted the manufacturer and they would have fixed it with a quickness. I know the disappointment of a product not working on arrival (I received a flashlight today from a trusted brand with a broken tail switch), but it still surprises me people are willing to try to fix something themselves then bitch about the product. If you don't give the company a chance to do right by you, you kinda dug your own hole there. Even the best QC lets something slip from time to time. It's even more difficult when you're trying to closely match YOUR product to someone ELSE'S product with their own QC issues.
    Well, Tom, two problems with that. Primarily, I didn't have time to return the holster and wait for a replacement. And that was IF I could have gotten a timely response to my e-mail. As it was, another member here (who had the exact same problem, and told me it was not uncommon) advised me on how to fix it. I followed his advice, and ended up with a usable product.

The only "hole" I dug for myself was taking too long to decide which holster to get for the boy. So if you want to put the blame on me, knock yourself out. I know now that I chose poorly, and won't repeat the mistake.

I was on the fence about what config to get, since I wanted the inside sweat guard but not the outside part. It turns out the full sweat guard might have a benefit I had not considered -- in my casual testing, the outer piece seems to act as a guard helping to keep clothing, draw cords and the like from getting into the holster.

Gjm if you get time, would you consider doing a comparison between this and the jm?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Gjm if you get time, would you consider doing a comparison between this and the jm?
    I think they are both terrific choices (along with the Keeper, Dark Star, SME and Shaggy) . Concealment is similar on both. The Raven is obviously more configurable. The JM is available for all the different stuff I like. If you aren't into Lego, the JM comes ready to wear. JM is Tony, I can get him on my cell phone anytime, and he doesn't laugh at my latest request for some pistol that doesn't begin with G. The Raven and JM come at the same objective from a different approach -- the Raven through a modular design, the JM by Tony building you a custom holster to your exact spec.

, the outer piece seems to act as a guard helping to keep clothing, draw cords and the like from getting into the holster.
    Does it limit drawing with your support hand?
    Ignore Alien Orders

I was on the fence about what config to get, since I wanted the inside sweat guard but not the outside part. It turns out the full sweat guard might have a benefit I had not considered -- in my casual testing, the outer piece seems to act as a guard helping to keep clothing, draw cords and the like from getting into the holster.
    The sweat guards are designed to be cut off if you don't like them, so get the full sweat guard and cut the front one off. (Unless I'm misunderstanding you)

User Tag List