Page 23 of 170 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Airplanes

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    😬 I just had my last flight in our 200. Don’t think I’ll miss it. Traded for another 350.
    How come? While I have only a few hours in a 350, I have 2,000 SP hours in three different 200's, and always thought they were arguably the best twin turboprop made.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    How come? While I have only a few hours in a 350, I have 2,000 SP hours in three different 200's, and always thought they were arguably the best twin turboprop made.
    We need the extra gross weight and range (extended range tanks) of the 350s. Think MC-12s. I won’t miss that 200 mainly because the air conditioning mostly didn’t! I feel like I came close to dying from heat exhaustion a couple of times! Also, I hated jumping back and forth between three avionics layouts. More convenient to have the same equipment in the same places all the time.

I won’t argue with you concerning the merits of the 200s over the 350s; they are easier to fly than the larger ones and simpler as well. Stupidly reliable. The only bad thing I have to say about the two we had is they were ancient by the time I got to them and our 350s are some of the latest made.

The last 200 I flew had a cargo door and the Raisbeck mods, pretty neat hauler, like a twin PC12!

Site Supporter
    The last 200 I flew had a cargo door and the Raisbeck mods, pretty neat hauler, like a twin PC12!
    Nice! Had to Google the Raisbeck stuff. We had the cargo door on all our 200/350s but only have the upgraded props on our 350s. Unfortunately, we can’t mod anything; we’re stuck with DOD equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Nice! Had to Google the Raisbeck stuff. We had the cargo door on all our 200/350s but only have the upgraded props on our 350s. Unfortunately, we can’t mod anything; we’re stuck with DOD equipment.
    The ram air recovery got you back most of what you lost deploying the ice vanes in the clouds. Routinely flew it at 330.

Little excitement at the local airport this morning.
    You gave me flashbacks to an incident that was my first time declaring an emergency almost 30 years ago. We had no green light for the nose gear in a Beech 1900D in Savannah, GA (Hilton Head was the destination but we diverted) . We did the standard fly-by and tower said it looked normal. We circled to burn fuel and did all the emergency procedures, including me killing all electrical power just prior to touchdown and furiously pumping the manual extension handle while the FO landed. Of course, as soon as I restored power the nose light was on...
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Driving to work, I turned a corner to see numerous fire trucks and an ambulance parked just off the road and a Medivac taking off to my immediate left. Of course the dash cam only caught a couple seconds of it.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Name:  2CB3FD89-8DC6-4A1D-8783-3C9AD3D37C6B.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  63.4 KB@GJM, I just put 5.1 more hours and a handful of landings on this one.

de Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver

I just took two ~45 minute flights in Beaver seaplanes , wow! So smooth you couldn't tell when taking off and landing from the water. Really cool planes. Anyone have experience with them?

A near catastrophe earlier this week in Alaska. A DC3 going from Anchorage to Kodiak lost an engine after take off, couldn’t climb and managed to belly it in across town at Merrill Field.

User Tag List