Page 22 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Airplanes

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    As a sidebar, and not meant as a derailment, you might enjoy The Oregon Trail (Rinker Buck). Two brothers hitch a 3-mule (!) team to a Conestoga wagon and head to Oregon, avoiding the interstates as much as possible. There's much explanation on "how-to's", as in how to hitch up a three-mule team or why the old Conestogas, originally designed as grain haulers, were appropriate for 2,000 mile family journeys and how to modify them to make them even more suitable. You just never know when that sort of knowledge may be useful.

https://www.amazon.com/Oregon-Trail-.../dp/B00P434GOO
    I’d not heard of that one, but his book “Flight of Passage” is excellent.

https://www.amazon.com/Flight-Passag...0BEFNI7W&psc=1

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    As a sidebar, and not meant as a derailment, you might enjoy The Oregon Trail (Rinker Buck). Two brothers hitch a 3-mule (!) team to a Conestoga wagon and head to Oregon, avoiding the interstates as much as possible. There's much explanation on "how-to's", as in how to hitch up a three-mule team or why the old Conestogas, originally designed as grain haulers, were appropriate for 2,000 mile family journeys and how to modify them to make them even more suitable. You just never know when that sort of knowledge may be useful.

https://www.amazon.com/Oregon-Trail-.../dp/B00P434GOO
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I’d not heard of that one, but his book “Flight of Passage” is excellent.

https://www.amazon.com/Flight-Passag...0BEFNI7W&psc=1
    Same kids?

"Oh, my ass. Where's your warrant?"
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

This popped up in my pictures of the day.

Name:  C8D2206E-7F13-442F-8BD3-3022DAA37DD2.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  79.9 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Name:  A4684212-7BE0-46B1-AABD-8717D7209AC4.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  32.8 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    In a completely different niche, this was on the cover of Sport Aviation this month.
    Attachment 68321

2 seats, aerobatic, cross-country legs, spectacular visibility, made in the US.

https://gamecomposites.com/
    That looks REALLY sweet.

Little excitement at the local airport this morning. My wife and I were down to drop off some stuff and fly the helicopter, when we were told a King Air 200 was inbound with an unlocked nose gear. First, the aircraft did a fly by, and we could see the nose gear was unsafe.

Name:  F7853EEF-8A4A-492F-8193-6FA2593E3743.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  10.2 KB

The King Air circled a while burning fuel, and letting other aircraft get in and out, since the runway was likely to be closed after they landed. Here is a video of the landing, which was text book perfect, with the pilot holding the nose off as long as possible, at which point it went over on the plane’s nose.

This is what it looked like as it slid to a stop.

Name:  CDDB5C48-EA5D-4C1E-BC7A-34A0975B431C.jpeg
Views: 482
Size:  56.1 KB

There were eight passengers on board, a retina surgeon and operating team. When they rolled into the FBO, i airdropped them the video of their landing, which made their day.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Nice job! What airport?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Nice job! What airport?
    KHII

Over the weekend I got my second hour of dual in this:

Name:  E46E9450-D563-40AB-B1C1-C43036E1AD87.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  80.0 KB

Big fun. It’s good to be in the air again.

Thinking about a Part 103 soaring trike. I don’t care about cross-country — I just like being up enjoying the view. Electric is very tempting for that use but is still more expensive than gas.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Little excitement at the local airport this morning. My wife and I were down to drop off some stuff and fly the helicopter, when we were told a King Air 200 was inbound with an unlocked nose gear. First, the aircraft did a fly by, and we could see the nose gear was unsafe.

Name:  F7853EEF-8A4A-492F-8193-6FA2593E3743.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  10.2 KB

The King Air circled a while burning fuel, and letting other aircraft get in and out, since the runway was likely to be closed after they landed. Here is a video of the landing, which was text book perfect, with the pilot holding the nose off as long as possible, at which point it went over on the plane’s nose.

There were eight passengers on board, a retina surgeon and operating team. When they rolled into the FBO, i airdropped them the video of their landing, which made their day.
    😬 I just had my last flight in our 200. Don’t think I’ll miss it. Traded for another 350.

User Tag List