Page 138 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1694

Thread: Airplanes

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Honda has been successfuly developing a personal light jet. The article below reveals how it came to pass.

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...ajet-prototype

Duces
    I hope they can get the avionics suite working better than the stuff in their current vehicles.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Is the NOTAR officially dead? I recall you saying it was a dog during autorotation?
    Dog isn't the best description. Snake ready to bite a pilot not versed in the 520/600 might be a better description. Two of my friends were doing a VNE test (1.1 times published VNE) over TX when the ship rolled nearly upside down and about killed them. Yaw instability is an issue at high speed and you better keep the helicopter in trim. At low speed the NOTAR loses authority. Pretty capable machines but not ones you jump from different type helicopter to helicopter.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Probably sitting in some kind of hold status waiting out a medical hold or for a class slot to open up.
    I’d guess it was written as part of a Master’s degree program at George Mason (where the assistant professor co-author teaches).
    Since Covid, pilot training has been very backed up, and lieutenants often wait a year or more to begin training. It would seem that getting a masters degree in that interim would be a productive use of the time, unless it’s in something stupid, like global warming.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I’d guess it was written as part of a Master’s degree program at George Mason (where the assistant professor co-author teaches).
    Since Covid, pilot training has been very backed up, and lieutenants often wait a year or more to begin training. It would seem that getting a masters degree in that interim would be a productive use of the time, unless it’s in something stupid, like global warming.

“How to make the perfect sammich. An empirical study.”
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I hope they can get the avionics suite working better than the stuff in their current vehicles.
    It is Garmin G3000, which is pretty much the default in light jets, except for the Pilatus PC24, which uses Honeywell.

Site Supporter
    Going into Dover last night. I always end up feeling small when I get there. Just like going to Dulles.

Name:  IMG_6263.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  31.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6262.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  33.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Aviation Week's 2023 photo winners:

https://aviationweek.com/aerospace/a...badedea35be34a
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    “How to make the perfect sammich. An empirical study.”
    Ok. I just laughed out loud in a crowded airport terminal at that one!
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

We saw a V22 Osprey with a terrific green paint job parked at our airport. Turns out it is part of the Presidential Osprey squadron. It came in with a mechanical and is waiting on repairs.

RIP Gundam 22

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    We saw a V22 Osprey with a terrific green paint job parked at our airport. Turns out it is part of the Presidential Osprey squadron. It came in with a mechanical and is waiting on repairs.
    They are the prettiest, cleanest Ospreys you will ever see. We see them infrequently in these parts.

User Tag List