Page 121 of 168 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1680

Thread: Airplanes

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Nice old classic. Where did you get it from? Hopefully it found its way into good hands. Did you do an N number search?
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Attachment 109614

A beautiful evening over 50D.
    I miss the UP. We used to spend a lot of time in Stephenson.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Let me see.. yep.

Attachment 109638

Gone, now. I lost my medical and eventually sold it to some kid in KY. He and his instructor groundlooped it. The insurance company sold it to some dude. White it was waiting for him to show up with a trailer, a storm came through and wrecked it some more. Last I heard, it had been sold to some outfit in Branson, MO. I don't know if they're rebuilding it or parting it out.

It hurts if I think about it. I owned it for 29 years and flew it for almost 28 of them. Two trips to Sun & Fun, one up to Caribou, ME. Landed in all states east of the Mississippi except for LA, AL, DE and WI. Got it up high at one point.
    Got up high, once.

Name:  333c-high.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  63.2 KB

Panel was pretty basic. Got me out of an attack of vertigo, one of those New England milk-bottle VFR days.

Name:  33c-panel.JPG
Views: 256
Size:  30.1 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Nice old classic. Where did you get it from? Hopefully it found its way into good hands. Did you do an N number search?
    I bought it from some A&P in Montpelier, VY. As I said, the guy who bought it from me, and/or his CFI, wrecked it. Some outfit called Tail Wind Planes in Branson, MO, bought it. The last time I checked, it was deregistered.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I bought it from some A&P in Montpelier, VY. As I said, the guy who bought it from me, and/or his CFI, wrecked it. Some outfit called Tail Wind Planes in Branson, MO, bought it. The last time I checked, it was deregistered.

😞

My buddy had an engine failure shortly after takeoff in a 185 on floats. No injuries but the plane is badly damaged.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/avia...o-homer-marsh/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My buddy had an engine failure shortly after takeoff in a 185 on floats. No injuries but the plane is badly damaged.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/avia...o-homer-marsh/

Glad he’s ok. Insurance.

Just like a Cirrus with a chute, but faster and more expensive:

https://nypost.com/2023/09/20/f-35-p...o-bad-weather/

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just like a Cirrus with a chute, but faster and more expensive:

https://nypost.com/2023/09/20/f-35-p...o-bad-weather/
    Lol

“We seen him! We heard his engine backfire, then he did a loop d loop and a tail slide..”

Never a dull moment in aviation. This morning, Charlie and I went down to fly the Jet Ranger. It had been sitting in the hangar since late June, so we did a careful preflight.

Charlie was in observation mode, because of her broken arm, and I was the pilot flying. It was hard for her to get into the helicopter, as her arm really hurt. About 18 knots of wind, and we were going to fly locally to exercise the ship and refam.

We were headed from the ramp in front of the hanger to a nearby taxiway. I lifted it up and was just below translational in forward flight at about ten or twelve feet when the engine quit. I relaxed the collective, leveled the helicopter, and at the bottom pulled in all the collective. We hit pretty softly and slid about four inches forward.

After getting everything turned off, we got out and could see Jet A coming out the drains into the ground below the ship. No damage to the helicopter airframe, and no injury to us, so all in all, a pretty good outcome.

User Tag List