Page 101 of 168 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1678

Thread: Airplanes

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Damn, that absolutely sucks. I would hate to think of losing my entire family like that.

Last February we had a small plane crash near here where a group of teenagers coming back from a hunting trip all died. I believe one of the kids had their mother on the plane too. I would hate to be a husband and receive that phone call.

Don't know anything about this particular accident other than what's on cnn. Is this a plane that flies above 10,000 ft? Does it typically have a co-pilot?

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Damn, that absolutely sucks. I would hate to think of losing my entire family like that.

Last February we had a small plane crash near here where a group of teenagers coming back from a hunting trip all died. I believe one of the kids had their mother on the plane too. I would hate to be a husband and receive that phone call.

Don't know anything about this particular accident other than what's on cnn. Is this a plane that flies above 10,000 ft? Does it typically have a co-pilot?
    10,000 is not a special altitude in terms of requiring a second pilot. That particular aircraft, a Cessna 560, is a two pilot aircraft that can be flown single pilot with an exemption. No info yet on the pilot or pilots.

10,000 is not a special altitude in terms of requiring a second pilot. That aircraft, a Cessna 560, is a two pilot aircraft that can be flown single pilot with an exemption. No info yet on the pilot or pilots.
    Yeah, I was just asking about 10,000 ft because this sounds somewhat similar to Payne Stewart's crash. At least what we've heard so far.

Yeah, I was just asking about 10,000 ft because this sounds somewhat similar to Payne Stewart's crash. At least what we've heard so far.
    Complete speculation, but a pressurization problem or medical emergency are strong possibilities.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Why did it reverse course?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    10000 feet is “special” because it is the altitude above which passenger oxygen must be available and pilots use it after 30 min (depending on what type of operation - part 91 that altitude is 12500) in a non pressurized aircraft. For a pressurized jet it means pretty much nothing except it is the target altitude for most cabin depressurization emergencies.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 06-05-2023 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Why did it reverse course?
    Looks like it was following the flight plan:

DUNEE —> SARDI —> CCC —> KISP

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    10000 feet is “special” because it is the altitude above which passenger oxygen must be available and pilots use it after 30 min (depending on what type of operation - part 91 that altitude is 12500) in a non pressurized aircraft. For a pressurized jet it means pretty much nothing except it is the target altitude for most cabin depressurization emergencies.
    You keep editing your post every time I go to correct the part 91 requirements. You airline guys forget so soon.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    You keep editing your post every time I go to correct the part 91 requirements. You airline guys forget so soon.
    Yep. It’s been over 20 years since I last flew part 91.

You would think I would remember, given I taught commercial ground school but alas my brain only holds so much. At least I was smart enough to realize I was probably wrong and edited for accuracy

User Tag List