Page 158 of 168 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1677

Thread: Airplanes

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    There is a lot more detailed information on the crash here:

https://simpleflying.com/bombardier-...minary-report/

The left and right oil pressure warnings happened within one second of each other, which I didn't read before.
    What could cause both engines to indicate a simultaneous loss of oil pressure?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I don’t know. But perhaps the loss of oil pressure was not the cause of the engine failure, but rather the indication of the engine failure.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    What could cause both engines to indicate a simultaneous loss of oil pressure?
    I am not familiar with how the annunciators on that aircraft work, but my assumption is both engines failed and that caused the oil pressure warnings and not vice versa. The report says the engine power levers were at idle which would be consistent with an attempt at a restart. The size of the fire suggests there was fuel on board, but for some reason both engines quit.

PS: Trigger, looks like you were posting at the same time as I was.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    There is a lot more detailed information on the crash here:

https://simpleflying.com/bombardier-...minary-report/

The left and right oil pressure warnings happened within one second of each other, which I didn't read before.
    The odds of both engines running out of oil and seizing/loosing power/shutting down at the same time seems unfathonable to me.

I agree, the loss of oil pressure is most likely a symptom and not a cause. Im not familiar with the fuel system, but is it possible to forget to switch tanks in that airplane? The post crash fire would indicate there was fuel on board. Very few things lead to a dual flameout besides fuel starvation /contamination. Were they cross feeding?

Fate is the hunter…..
    Last edited by Suvorov; 02-29-2024 at 10:53 AM.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post

Fate is the hunter…..

Indeed.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Despite the corrupt (and I'd say evil) shit show that Boeing has become, they have one tremendous thing going for them that any Chinese venture does not - that is over 100 combined years of designing, building, and supporting airliners over a world market. While I'll give China the benefit of doubt that they could design and build a good airplane, they will also have to develop training programs, field support, logistics, and a who host of other structures that they currently don't have. The lack of these things is one of the main reasons the Sukhoi SuperJet failed to retain Western customers and is at least as important as the airplane itself (hell, in the case of the MAX - more important). That said, the Brazilians have been able to do it well so it is possible for a developing nation to succeed at such a Herculean task.
    Apropos of nothing, but my recent round-trip CRP-HOU-OMA and back via Southwest, one of the legs was on a MAX. I'm sure it was likely the crew/weather/etc., but the takeoff and landing were far smoother than I'm used to. I wouldn't have even been paying attention except for the MAX thread here.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Apropos of nothing, but my recent round-trip CRP-HOU-OMA and back via Southwest, one of the legs was on a MAX. I'm sure it was likely the crew/weather/etc., but the takeoff and landing were far smoother than I'm used to. I wouldn't have even been paying attention except for the MAX thread here.
    I like the MAX, it is a nice flying airplane (probably the nicest flying airplane I’ve ever flown in terms of feel) and now that we are aware of its flaws and the MCAS has been better developed, I don’t hesitate to put my kids on them. I just wish the airlines and paying public weren’t the beta testers.

Preliminary out on the Naples accident. I sorry Ian, you deserved so much a better end than this.

https://youtu.be/-_yTXcC4Rr4?si=B807eZidu4Fb3Yhw

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Preliminary out on the Naples accident. I’m sorry Ian, you deserved so much a better end than this.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Preliminary out on the Naples accident. I sorry Ian, you deserved so much a better end than this.

Again my sympathies to the loss of your friend. Fate is the hunter……

For those who don’t like to listen to blancolirio drone on and on, here is the link to the NTSB report.

https://data.ntsb.gov/carol-repgen/a...ort/193769/pdf

User Tag List