Page 156 of 168 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1677

Thread: Airplanes

The air force has reported a number of run ins with drones near the Goldwater bombing range, including one in which the UAV struck the canopy of a F16 in restricted airspace. Many of the drones were operating at 20,000 feet - well above the ceiling of consumer equipment - suggesting the possibility of foreign surveillance.

https://www.azfamily.com/2024/02/22/...rizona-desert/

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    The air force has reported a number of run ins with drones near the Goldwater bombing range, including one in which the UAV struck the canopy of a F16 in restricted airspace. Many of the drones were operating at 20,000 feet - well above the ceiling of consumer equipment - suggesting the possibility of foreign surveillance.

There was also a report of a Mylar ballon with a 2x2 box between FL 430-450 today. Inspected by military fighters and determined not to be a threat to other aircraft. Hmm, running into a 2x2 box at 450 would get my attention.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post

Well the obvious solution is for the FAA to further restrict and infringe upon line of sight RC aircraft pilots……

As we know - restricting hobbyists is the most effective way of stopping criminals and terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    There was also a report of a Mylar ballon with a 2x2 box between FL 430-450 today. Inspected by military fighters and determined not to be a threat to other aircraft. Hmm, running into a 2x2 box at 450 would get my attention.
    A few years ago, I was flying in the Northeast and ATC (I think Boston Center) asked me if I saw something at our 3 o’clock high. I looked and there it was. The told me that it was at FL600, no one knew what it was, and they had been tracking it for a while. A couple other aircraft also reported seeing it. I just left it at that. Point is - someone is flying things in the flight levels without the FAAs knowledge…….
    Last edited by Suvorov; 02-23-2024 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    A few years ago, I was flying in the Northeast and ATC (I think Boston Center) asked me if I saw something at our 3 o’clock high. I looked and there it was. The told me that it was at FL600, no one knew what it was, and they had been tracking it for a while. A couple other aircraft also reported seeing it. I just left it at that. Point is - someone is flying things in the flight levels without the FAAs knowledge…….
    Well… what was it?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    A number of times in the late summer/fall of 2022 we saw some stuff that was unexplainable coming across the Pacific between HI and SEA. The observations went on for literally hours with communication to other airplanes traveling ahead and behind us on the track.(On 123.45mhz) They’d all be watching too. It provided great entertainment at 0200. We’d bring the FAs up and point it out to them. They’d ask us what it was. We’d respond with a shrug. They’d scurry back to the forward galley. Lol. This went on for several months. Not every trip, but often enough to where we’d joke “Wonder if our friends will be out tonight?” The types of maneuvering these things did, and the altitude they were at, made it fascinating. One trip was with a newly retired F35 driver. He was more intrigued than I was watching this stuff. No no pictures. The camera would always autofocus on the dense windscreen and stuff would never show up. I was going to drag an old Minolta 35mm camera with me one trip, but couldn’t locate any film. What it was, who’s it was, and what it was doing up there....🤷
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Well… what was it?
    Don’t know. I suspect it was one of those unreported Chinese balloons but I never heard anything more after filing my report. I certainly don’t suspect anything “paranormal”, it wasn’t moving in abnormal ways, so I’m just going to let it be.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    A number of times in the late summer/fall of 2022 we saw some stuff that was unexplainable coming across the Pacific between HI and SEA.
    When I was a kid I remember people saying airline pilots saw UFOs all the time but would not report them for fear of being labeled 'crazy' and risking their careers. My uncle flew for American (hired the same year I was born) and always denied it, but who knows, maybe he was just covering.

Sadly, I have never seen anything unexplainable, but I still want to believe...
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Only time previous to this I saw something was in the 2000-2005 era over the Four Corners area. Same type of thing. Very high altitude, fast with 90deg maneuvering. There were three of us up front that saw it.

When you stop and think that the SR71 was basically late 50’s technology, it’s not really a stretch to think that there is stuff now capable of doing things beyond our imagination. I’m sure there’s a number of “Kelly Johnson’s” over a Lockheed as we type this.

Name:  564BC26D-33CC-4B7D-9187-1C31154058E2.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  42.2 KB

A buddy of mine dreamed this up. It’s gone viral in the past 24 hours. So much truth. I was a stir stick guy myself...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ntsb-engi...215821899.html

"ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Moments before the deadly crash of a charter jet on a Florida highway, three warnings about oil pressure problems in its two engines sounded, the National Transportation Safety Board said in a preliminary report Tuesday.

The Bombardier aircraft flying from Ohio with five people aboard was cleared to land at Naples Municipal Airport at 3:08 p.m. on Feb. 9, the report says. It was about 6.5 miles (10.5 kilometers) north of the airport when what the NTSB called a “master warning” about oil pressure issues in the left engine took place.

Seconds later, another oil warning sounded for the right engine, followed by a third that simply said “ENGINE.” These warnings include lights and a voice advisory including chimes in the cockpit, according to the report."...

User Tag List