Page 39 of 168 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Airplanes

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Thank you for posting the photo.

I had to give up flying nearly five yeas ago. I don't miss it; flying and the sea teach you that there is no point regretting what was and can't be. Suck it up and press on.

But I do like looking at photos taken from the low & slow birds. Good memories.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

From back when I could:

Name:  3-muddy-s.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  29.4 KB

It looks like three waterways, but it's not. That's the Mississippi River. All three are the main channel.

I'll let you guess where that was taken.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Thank you for posting the photo.

I had to give up flying nearly five yeas ago. I don't miss it; flying and the sea teach you that there is no point regretting what was and can't be. Suck it up and press on.

But I do like looking at photos taken from the low & slow birds. Good memories.
    I can definitely do low and slow. If you ever make it down my way, we’ll go fly.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xAGM114 View Post
    Good joke.

Manas - tents
    MEZ - tents w/ incoming IDF
    Kandahar - tents w/ IDF
    Bagram - tents w/ IDF
    Al Asad - CHU
    Balad - CHU w/ IDF "Mortaritaville"

Anyone who still believes the AF lives at the Taj Mahal while the ground pounders live in the shit hasn't been in the military for a long, long time.
    I was keeping silent for a while, but there’s too many Marines on here for you to be yelling that last sentence too loudly!! Tents are a luxury. Until you have emptied the water out of your fighting hole with your kevlar after having an AAV slide into the first one you dug, watched a canteen cup of orange MRE gatorade powder freezing over in front of your eyes knowing your buddy has your sleeping bag cause you’re on 50% security, or thrown away cammies rather than try to get the mud out…I’d just be very happy with tents and know that there’s always those less fortunate outside the wire wet with no bunkers for IDF. And I haven’t even started to embellish yet! @rcbusmc24 for some real perspective!

ETA: while I am serious, I’m writing this in all good humor with nothing but love for the AF…except the U-28 pilot who locked his lightning pod in laser des mode on me while goggled up, blinded me, and almost made me crash into a mountain. He knows who he is…no love for him.
    Last edited by TOTS; 08-15-2022 at 05:49 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    From back when I could:

Name:  3-muddy-s.jpg
Size:  29.4 KB

It looks like three waterways, but it's not. That's the Mississippi River. All three are the main channel.

I'll let you guess where that was taken.
    Cairo, IL. Never mind, that would make one channel the Ohio River, so I can’t get much closer than North of Cairo as an educated guess looking at the map.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 08-15-2022 at 06:08 PM.

Site Supporter
    Low and slow over the beach
    Name:  26F22A85-E254-4E6D-8056-E2BDBC7941C6.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  64.8 KB

Short final BNA at night

Name:  A0DDE3D4-CB11-410A-BBF5-4C5899CAE0EA.jpg
Size:  42.1 KB

river run down the Neuse

Name:  B761CAE1-C8FB-4F9A-8467-2887B2A4EA33.jpg
Size:  87.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Cairo, IL. Never mind, that would make one channel the Ohio River, so I can’t get much closer than North of Cairo as an educated guess looking at the map.
    Further south. Here you go:

Name:  New Madrid.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  68.6 KB

IIRC, I was a little south of Marston, MO when I took that sho.

That was part of my Five States in Three Hours Cross-Country (Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois and Missouri). That turned out to be my last longish cross-country flight.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I can definitely do low and slow. If you ever make it down my way, we’ll go fly.
    If I ever do, I'll take you up on that!

Not my photo, but I spent a significant amount of time in this plane during my college years. An absolute beast.

This is one of my favorite photos:

Name:  River of Fog-s.JPG
Views: 176
Size:  24.7 KB

That's the Harlem River Valley in upstate NY.

User Tag List