Page 15 of 168 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Airplanes

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xAGM114 View Post
    Citation?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Photoshop Bro!🤣🤣
    I usually just take a grease pencil and draw a horizon, waterline, and pitch ladder on my sun visor but it is useless at night.

Quote Originally Posted by 2xAGM114 View Post
    Citation?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I usually just take a grease pencil and draw a horizon, waterline, and pitch ladder on my sun visor but it is useless at night.
    The airspeed update rate is pretty slow, too.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    The airspeed update rate is pretty slow, too.

If I see my CA squirming I add thrust, if they ask if I’m trying to make a tight commute I reduce a tad.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    It's been three years since I was last PIC, I'm enjoying these pictures.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    Hardly an unrecognized aircraft, but the F-4 Phantom must always be mentioned.
    When I lived and worked in Homestead, every so often I would see a couple of Phantoms scramble to intercept a flight from Cuba. Headed to the plant in the 5:00 a.m. darkness, it was an awesome sight (and sound)!

Biplane under construction:

Granddad, mid 1970’s:

Grumman AgCat converted to a two-place. This was a lot of fun to fly:

Cessna 185 I used to fly a good bit. An absolute beast:

My little one with a B-29:

Quote Originally Posted by NukeRef View Post
    When I lived and worked in Homestead, every so often I would see a couple of Phantoms scramble to intercept a flight from Cuba. Headed to the plant in the 5:00 a.m. darkness, it was an awesome sight (and sound)!
    Worked the runway as crash crew in Pensacola in 69 for a Blue Angles show. They had F-4's at that time. They used AB on takeoff and just about broke our trucks. I remember a coffee cup dancing across the dash from vibration. Loudest thing I've ever heard even with ear protection.

Phantom using AB on takeoff will blow your mind, especially if you happen to be close to it.

Fighter Pilot: The Memoirs of Legendary Ace Robin Olds is a good book about flying the F-4 in combat in Vietnam.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Worked the runway as crash crew in Pensacola in 69 for a Blue Angles show. They had F-4's at that time. They used AB on takeoff and just about broke our trucks. I remember a coffee cup dancing across the dash from vibration. Loudest thing I've ever heard even with ear protection.

Phantom using AB on takeoff will blow your mind, especially if you happen to be close to it.

Fighter Pilot: The Memoirs of Legendary Ace Robin Olds is a good book about flying the F-4 in combat in Vietnam.
    When I was a cadet, I did a summer program working at Randolph AFB, TX. I spent a week on the T-38 flight line, launching and recovering the trainers. One of the crew chiefs shepherding me explained that the F-4 burned more fuel on takeoff than a T-38 held. At the time, I thought the Phantom was the baddest-ass jet in the fleet. Its still my favorite fast jet.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Which models have a HUD, the MAX and 800/900? Most of the 73s I've seen are beat up dogs from the 90s. I flew 74 freighters for a while, a couple decades behind that stuff.

User Tag List