Page 160 of 168 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1677

Thread: Airplanes

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    https://www.flyingmag.com/v-22-ospre...th-stand-down/

Presidential Osprey departed here yesterday.
    Yup, the donut factory is in full swing here now that the training squadrons can finally fly again.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    https://www.flyingmag.com/v-22-ospre...th-stand-down/

Presidential Osprey departed here yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Yup, the donut factory is in full swing here now that the training squadrons can finally fly again.
    So am I reading this correctly? “Something broke, killed a bunch of our guys, we don’t know why it broke but because the V-22 is so vital to our national defense we are returning it to flight but will watch it really really closely.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    So am I reading this correctly? “Something broke, killed a bunch of our guys, we don’t know why it broke but because the V-22 is so vital to our national defense we are returning it to flight but will watch it really really closely.”
    I mean- isn’t that pretty much the V-22 program from the beginning?

All kidding aside Im told there’s an inspection process they are going through and have found a way to chalk it up to pilot error. So it’s fine to fly it again. (Shrugging) So definitely NOT what you just said.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    I mean- isn’t that pretty much the V-22 program from the beginning?

All kidding aside Im told there’s an inspection process they are going through and have found a way to chalk it up to pilot error. So it’s fine to fly it again. (Shrugging) So definitely NOT what you just said.
    Not sure how a hard clutch engagement is a pilots fault but yeah............Pilot Error.

That's some scary shit - and I fly a 737MAX!!!

Fun morning out flying earlier.

Name:  IMG_7342.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  100.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My wife and I went out "Cub" flying at first light, bouncing around between some of our favorite nearby landing spots out in the desert. Thirty minutes or so into my flight, I departed a 250 foot strip, and was about 300 feet AGL, when the oil pressure tape on my display turned yellow, and continued to decrease. I decided to land as soon as possible, at a somewhat longer (350 feet) place nearby, when oil pressure turned red and set off a master warning red light. I carried a little extra speed on final and landed without issue. Shut down and there was no oil splattered on the cowling, and the oil level was fine. Talking it over with Charlie on the radio, we decided it was likely a transducer on the connection, so I flew it back fifteen miles to the airport, with her following me. Never a dull moment out there.

Site Supporter
    My wife and I went out "Cub" flying at first light, bouncing around between some of our favorite nearby landing spots out in the desert. Thirty minutes or so into my flight, I departed a 250 foot strip, and was about 300 feet AGL, when the oil pressure tape on my display turned yellow, and continued to decrease. I decided to land as soon as possible, at a somewhat longer (350 feet) place nearby, when oil pressure turned red and set off a master warning red light. I carried a little extra speed on final and landed without issue. Shut down and there was no oil splattered on the cowling, and the oil level was fine. Talking it over with Charlie on the radio, we decided it was likely a transducer on the connection, so I flew it back fifteen miles to the airport, with her following me. Never a dull moment out there.
    Wow - there are Cubs with digital engine gauges available now?
    Next you’ll be telling us about using your HUD…

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Wow - there are Cubs with digital engine gauges available now?
    Next you’ll be telling us about using your HUD…
    I’m sitting in the back of one with a full glass panel and autopilot as I type this.

Hey, it is a Garmin world.

Name:  IMG_1503.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  32.3 KB

Can you see the engine gauges from the back seat, with someone in front?

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    My T-Crate is jealous!
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

User Tag List