Page 63 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Airplanes

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    One blurb stated that the pilot was ok and under observation.
    Then he's not OK?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Then he's not OK?
    Maybe it’s precautionary? I don’t know the post-punch out SOP (if we punched out of the stuff I fly, there wouldn’t be anything left save a fine red mist lol), but I’ve heard it’s a physically traumatic experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Basher View Post
    Maybe it’s precautionary? I don’t know the post-punch out SOP (if we punched out of the stuff I fly, there wouldn’t be anything left save a fine red mist lol), but I’ve heard it’s a physically traumatic experience.
    There's an oft cited factoid in which DoD states a pilot gets one ejection per career and can return to fly, resulting in about 1/4" permanent loss in standing height. An instant-onset 40G ride is usually a 'one time, good deal'.

My son is home from college. He wanted to go flying, so I called up a friend. .7 later with a little mild acro, He came back from the flight extremely motivated!

Name:  2F28BB69-2161-44D3-AAF6-BE3D88D2EBD0.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  40.8 KB

Name:  7DD3E3AB-2800-4A84-82FE-2A8698BE7FC3.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  39.5 KB
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Name:  7DD3E3AB-2800-4A84-82FE-2A8698BE7FC3.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  39.5 KB
    What kind of airplane is that? It looks like it would be outrageous fun.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    What kind of airplane is that? It looks like it would be outrageous fun.
    That’s a Vans RV-8 kitplane. And they are a lot of fun.

Yep. I’m also building an RV-8 in my garage. But since it is nowhere close to flying, I called up a friend to take my sone for a ride. He liked it a lot more than a high wing Cessna, and the aileron rolls & barrel rolls were the first aerobatics he has flown. No he wants me to get at it and finish my plane!
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Yep. I’m also building an RV-8 in my garage. But since it is nowhere close to flying, I called up a friend to take my sone for a ride. He liked it a lot more than a high wing Cessna, and the aileron rolls & barrel rolls were the first aerobatics he has flown. No he wants me to get at it and finish my plane!
    I helped some in the construction of an RV-9 and have flown it a good bit. I’ve also flown a couple F1 Rockets, which are derived from the RV-8. Great planes.

I really like the fastback conversion for the RV-8:

https://showplanes.com/ecom-prodshow/FB_8.html

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I helped some in the construction of an RV-9 and have flown it a good bit. I’ve also flown a couple F1 Rockets, which are derived from the RV-8. Great planes.

I really like the fastback conversion for the RV-8:

https://showplanes.com/ecom-prodshow/FB_8.html
    <Cough> My RV-8 has a Showplanes fastback, a Showplanes cowl, Grove landing gear, AFS flat panel avionics, Lycoming 390 Thunderbolt engine, and an MT three blade prop. <Cough>

Now I just need to finish it!

<Cough> My RV-8 has a Showplanes fastback, a Showplanes cowl, Grove landing gear, AFS flat panel avionics, Lycoming 390 Thunderbolt engine, and an MT three blade prop. <Cough>

Now I just need to finish it!

User Tag List