Page 154 of 168 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1677

Thread: Airplanes

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Don't know if you want to see it, but there is a new dash cam video of the Florida incident from a semi just behind the landing. https://youtu.be/XMzZVJRNQ48?si=iCprTyq5Hl_n6yTW
    Already saw it.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Just out, he always seems thoughtful.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just out, he always seems thoughtful.

Thanks for sharing that. It made me think of this video below. Has this been shared in this thread?

This is a classic flight test video of the Boeing "717" aka MD-95. Looks like a 30 degree bank, power on, flaps @ t/o setting 1 or 5 maybe, stall test point.

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Thanks for sharing that. It made me think of this video below. Has this been shared in this thread?

This is a classic flight test video of the Boeing "717" aka MD-95. Looks like a 30 degree bank, power on, flaps @ t/o setting 1 or 5 maybe, stall test point.

Funny, a friend sent that over this morning. Another friend, who spent a career in production test of biz jets, told me that most have not been tested in corners of the envelope and to stay as far in the center of the envelope as possible, unless you want to be a test pilot.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Is there a typo or are you missing information here? I don't know for sure, but I'd think most military aircraft, at least fixed wing aircraft, have ILS capability, unless you meant to indicate rotary military aircraft.
    Ha! You would think! I did speak in probably too broad terms, my point is/was that you would be surprised how many military aircraft don’t have ILS capabilities. For instance (admittedly, my data may be outdated and I don’t have much firsthand AF information) most helicopters still don’t have ILS like the newest H1 Cobras and Hueys, but even Legacy fighters such as F-18s don’t have them - all only Tacan and GCAs. Im also thinking of Harriers and Prowlers so I guess my data is becoming as dated as I am. My buddy hasn’t texted me back regarding the F-35s but Im pretty dang sure they got ILS with all the glass they have!

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    ... but even Legacy fighters such as F-18s don’t have them - all only Tacan and GCAs. Im also thinking of Harriers and Prowlers so I guess my data is becoming as dated as I am. My buddy hasn’t texted me back regarding the F-35s but Im pretty dang sure they got ILS with all the glass they have!
    I suspect most USAF fixed wing aircraft have ILS, including aircraft built in the early 1960's like the B-52 and the KC-135.
    Last edited by JTQ; 02-13-2024 at 08:24 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Ha! You would think! I did speak in probably too broad terms, my point is/was that you would be surprised how many military aircraft don’t have ILS capabilities. For instance (admittedly, my data may be outdated and I don’t have much firsthand AF information) most helicopters still don’t have ILS like the newest H1 Cobras and Hueys, but even Legacy fighters such as F-18s don’t have them - all only Tacan and GCAs. Im also thinking of Harriers and Prowlers so I guess my data is becoming as dated as I am. My buddy hasn’t texted me back regarding the F-35s but Im pretty dang sure they got ILS with all the glass they have!
    Probably a more precise statement is: “…one of the only Navy/USMC aircraft with ILS capabilities”. In fact, that’s how I (mis)read it.
    Nearly all (if not ALL) Air Force fixed-wing aircraft have ILS.
    I’d be surprised if Navy and USMC C-130’s and F-35’s did have it, too. (Since the USAF versions certainly do).

Should have said what it was as it didn't embed normally -- awesome fly by.

https://youtube.com/shorts/ayku8kpWE...Xe5qcTLFv2lh7X

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Should have said what it was as it didn't embed normally
    Here you go.

User Tag List