Page 144 of 168 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1677

Thread: Airplanes

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    A motorcycling friend's son now lives in Germany and a few years back he came home from a trip when they managed to rent or borrow something pretty high performance, like maybe a GSX-R1000. He said you might think you want an unlimited speed limit, until you spend more than a minute or two at ~150mph on a sport bike.
    Truth!

I've done 135MPH on a motorcycle for about 10 seconds. That was enough.
    Did ~150 on the track at Charlotte (no speedo, but I got yellow flagged for exceeding the 135 class limit) and again ~150 (240KPH) on the autobahn. Again, enough.
    While doing 240KPH on the autobahn, I got passed like I was standing still by a Porsche, who nearly crashed into my buddy driving ahead of me who changed lanes to make a pass and didn't look far enough back to see the Porsche inbound like a jet.

I'd be cool with going faster on the track, but even the autobahn isn't the place for it.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

deleted
    Last edited by JTQ; 01-08-2024 at 07:39 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    'Bazooka Charlie'...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...r/72087625007/

Dang; that's a small airplane!
    I had some time in one a few decades ago. It makes a Cessna 150 look like hot shit.

That guy had some serious balls to rig bazookas to one and go tank-busting.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

United's inspection of their 737 Max 9s found multiple "installation issues" with their door plugs, including loose bolts.

The Alaska Airlines plane had pressurization warnings on the Wednesday and Thursday preceding the Friday blowout.
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 01-08-2024 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I had some time in one a few decades ago. It makes a Cessna 150 look like hot shit.

That guy had some serious balls to rig bazookas to one and go tank-busting.
    Not sure if you noticed the link in the article, but the restoration is fabulous...

https://www.americanheritagemuseum.o...-the-rocketer/

The L-4 “Rosie the Rocketer” is located inside the American Heritage Museum as part of the War In Europe Gallery and is suspended on an attack run behind the German Panther tank. It is maintained in flying condition and participates in several events each year at the AHM.

That museum is about 45 min west of Boston.

-Rainman

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Not sure if you noticed the link in the article, but the restoration is fabulous...

https://www.americanheritagemuseum.o...-the-rocketer/

The L-4 “Rosie the Rocketer” is located inside the American Heritage Museum as part of the War In Europe Gallery and is suspended on an attack run behind the German Panther tank. It is maintained in flying condition and participates in several events each year at the AHM.

That museum is about 45 min west of Boston.

-Rainman

I am going to have to drag my ass up there one day.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post

The Alaska Airlines plane had pressurization warnings on the Wednesday and Thursday preceding the Friday blowout.

Hype. They weren’t “WARNINGS”. They were rather innocuous malfunctions in a triple redundant system that by themselves would not give ANY clue on what may or may not have been happening. Typical news bullshit.

I have seen and actually read the logbook write ups in question.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

United's inspection of their 737 Max 9s found multiple "installation issues" with their door plugs, including loose bolts.

Friday afternoon installations I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WSJ:

Alaska Airlines Blowout Reveals Cockpit Door Vulnerability on Boeing Jet

The door was designed to open during a decompression incident but the plane’s manual didn’t say so. Many experts didn’t know either.

https://www.wsj.com/business/airline...g-jet-83063e61
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Alaska found similar issues with loose bolts. These weren't the bolts secured with the castlenut and pin that you would normally remove to open the door plug, but rather the bolts holding the bracket to the frame:

Name:  GDWRH6OXEAEMu-l.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  49.6 KB

User Tag List