Page 57 of 163 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Airplanes

My neighbor tipped me off to this today - the B-52 will get an APU

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/with...p-its-engines/

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    My neighbor tipped me off to this today - the B-52 will get an APU

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/with...p-its-engines/
    "The B-52 is one of the most enduring USAF aircraft . . ."
    I used to have a cartoon at my desk, with a 4 star general at a podium, and a formation of B-52s flying in the background. The caption had the general saying, "There will now be a fly by of B-52s, to end this retirement ceremony for the B-2."

Speaking of old jets... flying a few days ago and heard what sounded like a T-33 in the pattern. Got them on video and could see the tip tanks.

Yesterday as I was driving near the runway it taxied by then took off. Pretty sure it was this guy, rolled down my windows to hear that old turbo jet action.

Site Supporter
    Make sea-planes great again. A demo from our Japanese allies. Something like this might just be useful even if the China situation doesn’t get out of hand.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1589934194083262464

Site Supporter
    I’ve lived in Arizona all my adult life. Traveled the state extensively. Visited Tucson frequently for both work and other stuff.

I got lost last week driving back from Bisbee when I left the freeway early. Ended up at an entrance to Davis Monthan AB, got turned around and got lost again. But while driving to somewhere I could recognize, I drove past a huge airplane parked next to the road. Wait, What? I had to turn around to make sure what I saw. It was a B-52, parked right next to a B-36, etc. It was the Pima Air Museum.

Holy Cow. Very damn cool. I always thought the Museum was the Davis Monthan Bone Yard, but I guess I was wrong.

I’m going back this winter around Christmas to spend the day and maybe get a tour of the Bone Yard on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by wrmettler View Post
    I’ve lived in Arizona all my adult life. Traveled the state extensively. Visited Tucson frequently for both work and other stuff.

I got lost last week driving back from Bisbee when I left the freeway early. Ended up at an entrance to Davis Monthan AB, got turned around and got lost again. But while driving to somewhere I could recognize, I drove past a huge airplane parked next to the road. Wait, What? I had to turn around to make sure what I saw. It was a B-52, parked right next to a B-36, etc. It was the Pima Air Museum.

Holy Cow. Very damn cool. I always thought the Museum was the Davis Monthan Bone Yard, but I guess I was wrong.

I’m going back this winter around Christmas to spend the day and maybe get a tour of the Bone Yard on the same day.
    We've made the trip to Pima twice. Extremely cool air museum! You may want to actually allow two days to visit. It's massive and a LOT to take in on a hard run of 3 or 4 hours. Plenty of other cool stuff in the area too. The Titan II museum was a good visit. Saguaro Forest is just awesome (per my wife: like if Doctor Seuss drew it), etc.
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Make sea-planes great again. A demo from our Japanese allies. Something like this might just be useful even if the China situation doesn’t get out of hand.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1589934194083262464
    I built a Shinmeiwa model as a kid. Thought it was cool. And then I really liked the EA6B as well. Built one of those too.

... something is obviously wrong with me.

Quote Originally Posted by wrmettler View Post

Make sure you go Thursday-Sunday, the tram tour is only on those days. I learned that the hard way a couple years ago.

IMO Pima Air Museum is probably the third-best airplane museum in the country, after the Smithsonian and the USAF Museum.

A P-63 just collided with a B-17 at an air show in Dallas. Devastating.

Last edited by TC215; 11-12-2022 at 03:52 PM.

Here's a different angle. Looks like the P-63 didn't see the B-17 below him while making the turn.

User Tag List