Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul is making Glock mags now

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I can find new Glock 17 mags for under $20, it's not like we're talking a $200 P7M13 magazine here.
    Glock mags are already a staple product.
    I guess I don't have the money you do so I like the idea of cheap and good mags.
    #RESIST

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    All I can say is why?
    • A lot of people buy/own/shoot Glocks.
    • A ton of Glock mags are sold every year.
    • Magpul has built a reputation over the years of making high quality mags.
    • Much of the gun-buying community is cheap.
    • Between their reputation and cost savings (even if only a few dollars), Magpul can capture parts of a huge market.

Given the above, all I can say is why not? Magpul stands to make a ton of money assuming these things work.

KCI has sold a ton of their Glock mags, even with reports of malfunctions and short service life. These Magpul units will be more expensive than the KCI, less expensive than Glock, but in all likelihood will run better than the KCI mags.

I like that they appear easier to disassemble, and I like the fact that the baseplate slides in the opposite direction of a standard Glock mag. While astronomically unlikely, and probably only a realistic problem with older generation mags, I know more than one person who slammed a Glock mag home at the wrong angle, ripped the baseplate right off the front of the mag, and dumped everything on the ground.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

What's the shotgun shell thinggie in the vid?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    What's the shotgun shell thinggie in the vid?
    Looks like a 3 gun rig.

Likely Invictus Practical.

Any amount saved is more money for ammo and training.

Someone let me know next year if these are any good.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Someone let me know next year if these are any good.
    I will. I am going to beat one up when I get my hands on one

Generally I see Glock factory G17 mags at $20-25. I'd happily pay $15 for a reliable alternative for matches, etc.

I also happen to like the orange follower.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Generally I see Glock factory G17 mags at $20-25. I'd happily pay $15 for a reliable alternative for matches, etc.
    I'll bet these sell for $10.
    #RESIST

I'll load up on these if they prove to be reliable and sell for $10-$15. For every $10+ dollars I can save on a magazine, that's a box of ammo, or almost another magazine.

User Tag List