Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul is making Glock mags now

Nothing ever happens to drastically impact the magazine market in a negative way; so, it's just as well to only have one source of quality mags for a common firearm...
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Nothing ever happens to drastically impact the magazine market in a negative way; so, it's just as well to only have one source of quality mags for a common firearm...
    I see what you did there

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I purchased 100 Glock magazines during the shortage for $30 each plus shipping. If you need some now let me know and you can replace them when you find them at a good price.
    Thanks, James, I may just take you up on that. Grandson #1 has decided that he prefers my OD frame G17 to his 92F, and we have a class coming up. I've got a ton of G19 mags, but only a few for the G17.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Where, pray tell? I find myself in need of some G17 magazines, and so far all I've seen is in the $30 or more region. Forty-five bucks at Lone Wolf??? Jeez, Louise, I've bought P30 magazine for less than that.

So, yeah; I would buy some of these MagPul offerings at fifteen bucks in a second, if they work. Unless, of course, you can steer me to the under-twenty-buck OEMs.

Glock 17 magazines $21.95
    http://gtdist.com/ProductDetail.aspx...ber=GLOCK-MAGS

Glock 17 magazines $22.95
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/930...ProductFinding

Try these two out.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Glock 17 magazines $21.95
    http://gtdist.com/ProductDetail.aspx...ber=GLOCK-MAGS

Glock 17 magazines $22.95
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/930...ProductFinding

Try these two out.
    Thanks. I didn't bother to check Midway, because shipping will be more than the frigging magazines. They have really gotten out of the box on shipping prices. I guess something has to pay for that superb customer service…

Magpul, making Glock Mags? I'm kind of surprised they didn't do 1911 mags first. But good for them...I'm no Magpul fanboi, but I like their stuff. This just marks another reason why I should have a Glock. Not because I really want one, or need one, or whatever. But because for ubiquity it just can't be beat.

As for the Magpul haters - Well Chris Costa has something for you...

-Rob

I selfishly wish they'd started with .40-cal. Glock mags, as they are the dominant weapon in LE. I rely on Magpul 20s and 30s for my 6933 every day. It's also got their far more usable than Colt's furniture and light mount on it.

I carry a Gen2 19 Jimmy Smits autograph model frequently off duty and would love some 9mm Magpuls in 15-rd length as well as ones the same length as the OEM 22-rd .40 mags. Happy sticks are not easy to tote/conceal off duty.

Also hopeful they quickly expand color offerings.

Not ready for a Magpul tattoo yet, but the stuff I use seems to work quite well.

I don't begrudge Gaston his hedonistic dotage, but the nurse should be withheld and his peepee smacked daily until he produces a 19 profile, 42 width 9mm for the volks!

The 9mm is the dominant round in non LEA sells and I think it would be a Rare LEA to adopt a non OEM Glock magazine for Duty use.
    I would think total Glock 9mm pistols sold to date would exceed all other calibers combined.
    Now Magpul needs to make inexpensive magazines for HK, Sig, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    …. a Gen2 19 Jimmy Smits autograph model...

Not trying to be a wise-ass here, but… what the hell is a Jimmy Smits autograph model G19???

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    $22.51, actually; the price went down while I was "checking out". Maybe they applied the birthday discount, since mine is in six days? Whatever, I also ordered another couple of Ruger BGX mags for an upcoming 10-22 project. UPS ground was only nine bucks, so maybe they finally figured out their shipping rates were costing them business.

Thanks for the prompt.

User Tag List