Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul is making Glock mags now

You think Midway’s shipping is high you should see PSA’s. Not only are they high but slow to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    I think they've gotten better - I just purchased a $40 Streamlight PolyTac light and shipping was $5 to NH.
    +1 - a few months ago midway changed their pricing on shipping and its much more reasonable, particularly for small item orders, which used to be ridiculously expensive. Worth taking another look of you have written them off bcs of shipping costs.

Quote Originally Posted by IceDevil View Post
    … midway... their pricing on shipping... used to be ridiculously expensive. Worth taking another look of you have written them off bcs of shipping costs.
    I had indeed done so, because what you wrote is exactly correct. Thanks to Beat Trash, I might be re-connecting to them again…because no business in my experience has better customer service. But those shipping charges were simply outrageous. What I ordered yesterday was quite reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    You think Midway’s shipping is high you should see PSA’s. Not only are they high but slow to boot.
    I can best that. It takes EAA two shipments to complete one order.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    I just bought some Glock 42 mags (19.99) and some Ballistol from Midway. Ordered at 12:55 today and I got an email that it shipped at 1:58 with a tracking number. $11 shipping.

Cookie Monster

Pffftt to everyone! Somebody needs to start making quality, inexpensive replacement mags for the S&W 39 and the Sig P6/225.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Who got to run some rounds through these in Las Vegas?

So I got a chance to play with these at the Great American Outdoors Show in PA a few weeks ago. They seem very nice as you'd expect. A few interesting things I was told chatting with the Magpul guy there:

1) They are all polymer, no metal lining. They will still drop free when loaded (did not test this, frowned upon to load up guns, weird). I was told they had to develop a new polymer blend in order to accomplish this; indeed, they feel quite different than the polymer in PMAGs, more similar to injection molded plastic like a Safariland holster. He assured me they did a ton of testing, but I would certainly want to test them a lot and in different temperatures before trusting them.

2) I asked why they made G17 mags, and he said they wanted to start with the most common gun and then planned on branching out (with these fitting in G19s as well they were a natural starting point). He mentioned G19 mags would probably be next, but it seems crazy to me not to go to something like the P30 mag once the concept is proven out. I got the distinct impression that the long term play is to cover all the popular guns. He told me they have no plans on supporting restricted-capacity states, but I wouldn't read too much into that, as I think that market is pretty attractive too.

Also the M700 stock looks sweeeeeet.
    Join FPC

I think replacing the metal mags in the P30/VP9 or the MP will end up costing capacity. Even so I'd gladly take a readily available $20 VP9 mag with a 10 round cap.

After Initiative 594(universal background checks) passed a few months back here in WA state, I was reminded just how swiftly things can change. I have dozens of OEM 9mm Glock mags and more KCIs than I like to admit but I never feel like I have enough. We, as shooters, could very well be one more school shooting or mall rampage away from losing the right to acquire new high capacity magazines; I want to have enough to last me "forever"- whatever that is. So I'll continue to stockpile 9mm Glock mags and 20, 30, and 40 round Pmags. I jumped on an email yesterday about a first come, first serve preorder for the Magpul/Glock mags so I should get my first dozen before they hit store shelves. If they meet expectations I'll gladly buy a bunch more when they go on sale. I doubt I'll ever have a need for all of them but they'll be good bartering material for future panics and scares.

User Tag List