Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Magpul is making Glock mags now

Well, apparently the first production run is problematic, but Magpul is on the case and fixing the problem.

Soldier Systems: Magpul’s New GLOCK Mags Fail In Some Models – Magpul Mans Up, Acknowledges Issues, Vows To Replace Bad Mags

OK we screwed up.

After initial release of the Glock PMAG 17 GL9 a few days ago we started seeing random issues of failure to feed with the new magazine in other Glock models, primarily the Glock 19 and 26. Of all the challenges of building a Glock magazine with a single new composite, issues like drop free, impact strength and feed lip retention were foremost on our mind. The failure to feed came as a bit of a surprise to us and we immediately headed out to the range to investigate.

In short order we found the problem. Without getting into technical details, some small, but critical geometry changes did not make it into the initial production molds. We should have caught this but no failures showed up on our factory guns during live fire testing and flaws in our internal processes of checks/balances did not flag the oversight as it should.

So as I said before, we screwed up and here is what we are going to do about it.

Molds are being updated with the correct geometry as we speak and a replacement magazine body with the correct geometry should be available by May 4th, 2015. These will be date coded 5/15 or later and will replace any magazine bodies in service of earlier manufacture. Just use your existing spring, follower, and floor plate with the new body.

-If you purchased your magazines direct from Magpul, Brownells or Midway, you do not need to do anything, replacement magazine bodies for the magazines ordered (1 for 1) will be shipped to you automatically.
    -If you purchased your magazines from a gun store, replacement bodies will be sent out to the store in question for you to pick up.
    -If neither of the above works for you then Magpul customer service will handle the replacement directly.
    In short, we are updating ALL of the affected magazines released as quick as we possibly can.

Richard Fitzpatrick
    President/CEO -Magpul Industries Corp
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Well, I'm impressed. I received the new magazine bodies today. Didn't have to do a thing - Magpul and DSG shipped the replacement parts out based on my original order, less than a month after Magpul originally acknowledged the problem in my above post. Magpul turned a potential dud release into a positive customer service experience...more than a few manufacturers could take a lesson from how Magpul handled this issue.

While waiting for the replacement parts, I took my original Magpul magazines to the range for a session with my Glock 17 GEN4 and AAC Ti-Rant 9mm suppressor. No issues to report.

Magpul is one company that really seems to get the importance of reputation. Anyone can make a mistake--but fixing it and making the customers whole turns what could have been a problem into an additional enhancement of a company's reputation.

Higher capacity Glock 9mm magazines coming from Magpul...

PMAG 21 GL9

PMAG 27 GL9

Last edited by JSGlock34; 01-18-2016 at 04:14 PM.

Was at an event in Gilbert, AZ and saw that the Gilbert PD Officer working off-duty traffic control was carrying PMAGs for his G17, so at least one mid-sized department is approving these for use

I've put about 300ish rounds through 1 15 round PMAG and 1 17 round PMAG. I have yet to experience any issues. Low round count, sure. But it's another data point. I'll update again when I have more rounds through them and/or encounter any issues.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    Was at an event in Gilbert, AZ and saw that the Gilbert PD Officer working off-duty traffic control was carrying PMAGs for his G17, so at least one mid-sized department is approving these for use
    Or he bought them at the police supply store because they were cheaper and nobody has told him he couldn't use them. We only allow factory magazines and mag accessories/extensions at work. However that does not stop our guys from buying Aftermarket extensions and even those cheap crappy Korean Glock magazines
    Nothing against the Magpul mags, I bought one to start testing as a range training and IDPA Mag in September of last year. It is still going strong including use as a loaner at work. Satisfied enough that I bought five more.

I've been using two 17 rounders as range/practice mags. I'm constantly seeing failures to lock the slide back on empty that don't happen with factory mags. I'm talking almost every mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I've been using two 17 rounders as range/practice mags. I'm constantly seeing failures to lock the slide back on empty that don't happen with factory mags. I'm talking almost every mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are those some of the early mags that they first put out? Have you tried calling Magpul to see if they'll replace them?

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Contact Magpul, they will make it right. Here's their customer service number: 1 (877) 462-4785

User Tag List