Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Armed citizens USELESS against terrorists

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    I think the bottom line is that carrying a gun everywhere requires a fairly significant lifestyle alteration - different clothes, habits, places that are off-limits, etc. - that most folks aren't willing to make.
    This... EXACTLY this. Same situation next door in Louisiana.

The "gun guys & gals"? You bet... they're packing. But John Smith, Melissa Jones, Mortimer Boudreaux, etc.? Too much trouble, hassle, etc.

Its the same sort of mind-set as the cop who is flabbergasted that you even SUGGEST he invest some of HIS time or money on training, gear, etc. IOW, they are not wired for survival.

All their demonstration proved is that when you drop Suzy Soccermom and her Dodge minivan into the final laps of the Indy 500 she's not going to do so hot.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    ...That the history of real world active shooters and terrorist events has shown that armed good guys almost always make a significant difference should be a clue.

Pretty sure that IDPA vest wearing dude with the Glock in the mall in Nairobi is unimpressed with this bullshit.
    There were several guys at Westgate Mall that seemed unimpressed with that bullshit. One reportedly exchanged shots with on the the terrs (What!!! Unpossible for someone armed with a pistol to survive exchanging shots with someone with AK!!!).

Watching vid of the Westgate terrs, they looked like retards as far as basic firearms experience goes. They murdered a bunch of unarmed people, but were bottled up in the grovery store by a couple guys with pistols. They may not have wanted to leave, but after figuring out they would get shot at if they tried, they never really tried after that that I can tell.

Considering France doesnt have CCW as practiced here, wouldnt any "simulation" based on that circumstance be totally invalid here in The Land of the Free ?

I'm no terrorist , but its poor planning to execute the same plan for Texas one used in France.
    Atop that, there are multiple cases of mass shootings interdicted by armed bystanders in real life.

But TTAG is a business-and their customer base is the Cleetii of America.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    "I live in low crime area."

"I work in a nice building with security."

"I live in the country, there is no serious crime here."

etc, etc, etc
    That sounds familiar. Every time my buddies are telling me about their new "carry gun" I say "cool, let me check it out". They always say "oh, I don't have it on me...I'll have to go get it from the safe." I always wonder why they have a carry permit in the first place since they never carry.

TTAG is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    That sounds familiar. Every time my buddies are telling me about their new "carry gun" I say "cool, let me check it out". They always say "oh, I don't have it on me...I'll have to go get it from the safe." I always wonder why they have a carry permit in the first place since they never carry.

TTAG is BS.
    More like TTADK (The Truth About Dunning-Kruger).

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Every time my buddies are telling me about their new "carry gun" I say "cool, let me check it out".
    I'm hesitant to go into what brand & model of guns the majority of them carry. Let's just say Taurus is heavily represented. And I'm the "crazy" one who carries a G19.

Site Supporter
    Reminds me of that one FOF scenario 60 minutes did about school shooters. You know, with the students that were wearing clothes that screamed "I'm obviously armed", not trained, and placed in the same spot every time and sent against an experienced cop who knew exactly who to shoot first...these sims are not representative of reality in any way, shape, or form.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    That this scenario shows the "terrorists" without at least proper eye pro going into a Sim scenario is telling.

TTAG is one of the very worst internet gun sites on the planet. It is so full of derp and retardery I don't even know where to begin.

This looks like a repeat of that scenario they did for the news a few years ago to "prove" that CCW folks would be worthless against an active-shooter. I have to wonder what the agenda is for the folks doing this.

That the history of real world active shooters and terrorist events has shown that armed good guys almost always make a significant difference should be a clue.

Pretty sure that IDPA vest wearing dude with the Glock in the mall in Nairobi is unimpressed with this bullshit.
    Let's not forget this guy either...

One member of the congregation, Charl van Wyk, who wrote a book about the event (Shooting Back), returned fire with a .38 special revolver, wounding one of the attackers. At this point they fled the church. Mkhumbuzi had been ordered to throw four petrol bombs into the church following the shooting, but abandoned this intention as all four fled in the vehicle.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_J...hurch_massacre
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

It's a good thing Alvin York didn't "know" that you couldn't use a handgun effectively to fight multiple attacking adversaries armed with long guns.

User Tag List