Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Armed citizens USELESS against terrorists

Site Supporter

Armed citizens USELESS against terrorists

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/paris-te...-by-gun-group/

Out of TX, yet. Anybody know these folks. I am tempted to type bad words now.

Glenn

Regardless of the poor chance that some generic, hypothetical concealed carrier (or anyone) may have against multiple rifle-armed attackers, I very strongly believe that the only correct personal policy is "Who dares, wins." I don't believe for a second that it's a foregone conclusion.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Out of TX, yet. Anybody know these folks.
    Yes.

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Had the TTAG sim shown the terrorists dying, thered be no headline.

As to the situation, frankly, as a hostage you're already dead the moment the terrorists walk in.The question then becomes how do you plan to meet the boatman-alone, or with one or more of the bad guys as company?Heck, you might even take them down and walk out alive.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Yes.

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
    I'll go with the Tam opinion.

Also, in Texas, shouldn't the sim have been 3-4 CCWers (with BBQ rigs) against the riflemen?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/paris-te...-by-gun-group/

Out of TX, yet. Anybody know these folks. I am tempted to type bad words now.

Glenn
    Glenn,

TTAG- as in the website.

Nick Leghorn is one of their regular contributors and purports to reside in our fair city. He is also a one-man case study in Dunning-Kreuger and firearms.

For myself, I would rather die well then die cowering in a cubicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Also, in Texas, shouldn't the sim have been 3-4 CCWers (with BBQ rigs) against the riflemen?
    Nah. Lots of people have a license but nobody really carries down here. If they do, it's "in the car."

So CCW'ers do poorly against multiple attackers when they are outnumbered, outgunned, and have an initiative deficit? What other result should we reasonably expect?

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    Nah. Lots of people have a license but nobody really carries down here. If they do, it's "in the car."
    Agreed. I saw a statistic a while back that stated only 10% of Texas CHL holders actually carry regularly. Of all my friends who I know have their CHL, about 50% can be expected to have a gun on them at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Agreed. I saw a statistic a while back that stated only 10% of Texas CHL holders actually carry regularly. Of all my friends who I know have their CHL, about 50% can be expected to have a gun on them at any given time.
    What's their rationale?

My friends are the same way. I think the bottom line is that carrying a gun everywhere requires a fairly significant lifestyle alteration - different clothes, habits, places that are off-limits, etc. - that most folks aren't willing to make. Which is a reasonable decision for them.

User Tag List