Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anyone here use Boresnakes

Quote Originally Posted by rsa-otc View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has experience in using Boresnakes, what their experience was and if they used solvents in conjunction with it?

Thanks
    I keep a .357 boresnake and a .40 snake in my range bag for revolvers. The .357/9mm snake is for the barrel, the .40 is for the cylinders on any .357 revolver. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I keep a .357 boresnake and a .40 snake in my range bag for revolvers. The .357/9mm snake is for the barrel, the .40 is for the cylinders on any .357 revolver. Works great.
    Now that is a great idea. I will start using the .40 on my revolver cylinders too! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Got one in my range bag. It's how I clean the bores on my 9mm handguns.
    Same here. I also you them on my ARs

I like them, and I also like the Rogers Squeege. I do not use a cleaning rod.

http://www.holsterops.com/gun-maintenance

I too keep .22, .35/9mm and .45 Bore Snakes in my range bag for superficial bore cleaning of pistols & rifles right after finishing shooting a given caliber.

Compulsive as I am, I still clean the barrels more thoroughly after arriving home, but the Bore Snakes do help.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

I keep one in my range bag in .22. I use it for breaking in a new barrel and on my .22LR rifles while at the range. I use it wet, as well.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Boresnake, toothbrush and a rag are all I use to clean my guns.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Boresnake, toothbrush and a rag are all I use to clean my guns.
    Same here though I've found an actual cleaning rod is a very handy thing to have in your gear, for clearing malfunctions, especially with rifles and 22LRs.

I've also found a chopstick to be useful in clicking the seat disconnect lever down on my M&P.

I also use one to push the length of rag through my disassembled magazines when I clean them.

I get a couple every time we get take out. Price works too.

User Tag List