Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here use Boresnakes

Does anyone here use Boresnakes

I was wondering if anyone has experience in using Boresnakes, what their experience was and if they used solvents in conjunction with it?

Thanks
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Yep. I use them for 95% of my guns. My experience is very positive.

I have a knock off version with a separate metal brush. They work well and are dirt simple.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Got one in my range bag. It's how I clean the bores on my 9mm handguns.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Yep. Use them on my rifles for a field expedient cleaning. Never used them with solvents If it comes down to needing solvents, I break out the cleaning rod. For my purpose - they work well.

Yes. All I use with shotguns. I put solvent on the front and oil on the back. Use them with pistols, pistol caliber leverguns, M4s, M&P10 carbines, and several bolt guns (243/270/308). I have at least one for every caliber/gauge I own. I like them. Takes a real man to pull a dry one through a 28 gauge, though.

Add me to the list of users. Been using them for a couple years, haven't used a rod, brush or jag since. Very handy and effective.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Got one in my range bag. It's how I clean the bores on my 9mm handguns.
    Ditto.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Ditto.
    Same here. I'm pretty sure it's all i've ever used to clean my Glock barrels.

I have used these for shotguns while traveling and hunting and in rifles. I had one issue where I did not put any solvent or CLP on one for my 270 Win and essentially pulled it dry and it got lodged in the bore / barrel. I set it in a muzzle down position and saturated the chamber with CLP to soak over night and got it pulled on through. Strongly recommend against running one through dry.

User Tag List