Thread: Who else loves a flat bottom firing pin stop?

Site Supporter

Who else loves a flat bottom firing pin stop?

Put an oversized part in my Caspian. One heck of an addition. Didn't even cost very much and my gun tracks a little flatter now. I could still benefit from better recoil control, trigger control etc...but hey, for 20 bucks, I won't be mad. It just took a while to fit it.

All 1911s should have it by default.
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave
    My wife has already written my obituary which, in part, attributes my death to complications from my second penis reduction surgery.

Any benefit to a 1911 in a smaller caliber or power factor? I run moderate to light loads in my .38 Super Auto.

I have on e in a 1911 and it's subtle but noticeable. I bought one for my BHP but it's a little oversize so I need to have it fitted. I'm really looking forward to comparing it to the standard FPS with it's huge radius. I've been led to beleive that it will have a more noticeable effect in a BHP than a 1911.

Site Supporter
    I've been meaning to pick one up for my P35, but I never saw the need for it in a 9mm. 38 super might be different, but I'd say go for it. It only cost me like 20 bucks all told and the worst thing that could happen is that you'd switch to the old FPS and be forced to put it on your .45 1911's (or you'd feel compelled to buy a .45 1911 )

The possible benefit however, would be to have a pistol that tracks flatter. I'm not gonna say it "reduces recoil" as the blast of the .45 is still a thing and it still made my wrist hurt a little to shoot a few hundred rounds through it, but the recoil impulse is just subtly different to me. I prefer it, because it's more straight back. I think it might have something to do with timing or delaying the unlocking rearwards slide motion or some voodoo. I don't know the first thing about timing a gun, but I knew the firing pin stop wouldn't blow up my hands or anything, so it's all good.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    The flat FPS increases the amount of force necessary for the slide to to cock the hammer. I believe that Wilson has had good success using that little bit of physics to slow down the velocity of slides on shorter 1911 pattern pistols.
    3/15/2016

I put an EGW oversize FPS which I put a very tiny radius on in my SR1911. It definitely changed the recoil impulse. Less muzzle flip and it seemingly increased the straight back recoil of the gun (at least to my perception). Seems like you feel the shock of the recoil in the web of your hand more, but recoil recovery is improved I think. Since it was oversize it also had the added bonus of eliminating clocking of the extractor and improving reliability.

User Tag List