Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Treat all guns as loaded until you have personally ensured that the weapon is clear..

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar

Treat all guns as loaded until you have personally ensured that the weapon is clear..

...or you end up like this:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=30b_1421174383
    3/15/2016

Thankfully he didn't shoot one of the people standing in front of or behind the counter.

or................or................or............ ...don't point a firearm at your hand and press the trigger, amirite?

The clerk was also clearly in the wrong for not locking & clearing the weapon before handing it to the officer.

That's so massively bad on the charlie foxtrot scale that we could go on all day about it.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I'm not sure I can count the number of fails in that video.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

We are diminished
    All humans are fallible. Treat them accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    or................or................or............ ...don't point a firearm at your hand and press the trigger, amirite?

The clerk was also clearly in the wrong for not locking & clearing the weapon before handing it to the officer.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Thankfully he didn't shoot one of the people standing in front of or behind the counter.
    Thats what I kept thinking all the time he was pointing it at most of the people in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    That's so massively bad on the charlie foxtrot scale that we could go on all day about it.
    Numerous and massive fail.

Even having checked a gun, it shouldnt be pointed at things one doesnt want to shoot. It seems dreadfully common at gun shops and gun shows, and in casual social situations.

He broke every single one of the four rules.

My only takeaway-how in tarnations did the officer not notice the live round in the chamber while he was literally coonfingering the gun?
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    My only takeaway-how in tarnations did the officer not notice the live round in the chamber while he was literally coonfingering the gun?
    My guess it was in the mag, not the chamber, so it was harder to notice. He racked the slide at 42s, which then chambered the round.

Yup, there was a lot that had to go wrong for that to happen. Thanks for the vivid 4 rule reminder check-in.

User Tag List