Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A revolver tour

A revolver tour

This week (and through SHOT) I'm going to be writing about the various wheelguns that have made their way into my current collection, mostly because I can. Today's entry: the plain jane vanilla GP100.

Name:  gp100 cylinder open.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  46.7 KB

Like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Nice, are those the match champion grips or regular hogues ? Rumor has it Ruger is coming out with an adjustable sight version of the match champion. I seem to recall that was one of your observations when you reviewed the Novak site version.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Nice, are those the match champion grips or regular hogues ? Rumor has it Ruger is coming out with an adjustable sight version of the match champion. I seem to recall that was one of your observations when you reviewed the Novak site version.
    Those are the regular Hogues, the MC stocks are checkered on the sides and, IMHO generally better. Ruger did announce the adjustable sight MC before SHOT, I'll be adding one of those to the goon collection shortly.

Also, I'm now seriously considering getting this gun rechambered in 10mm by Clements Custom because a 10mm GP100 sounds AWESOME.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Rumor has it Ruger is coming out with an adjustable sight version of the match champion.
    Shown on the Ruger site as of five minutes ago.

Okie John

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post

Also, I'm now seriously considering getting this gun rechambered in 10mm by Clements Custom because a 10mm GP100 sounds AWESOME.
    That would be awesome!

Part 2: The Smith & Wesson 929

I really like this gun. It's ridiculous, it's heavy, it's worthless for anything other than a very narrow competition shooting window, and I don't care because what's not to love about a 2.5 pound 8 shot 9mm?

Part three, and one that I think will appeal to the more...old school: one of my two Ruger Security Sixes in .357 Magnum. This one has been tuned up by the Gun Wizards down in Louisiana and as a result is probably one of the nicest examples of the Security Six species out there.

Interesting. I traded a 6" Security Six for a new 4" GP100 in 1987. In 89/90 I was issued a 4" Security Six and wish I'd bought it when we traded for 9mms. Back in the early 90s I used the GP as an off duty gun in a Bianchi Pistol Pocket.

I checked out the 3" Gemini Customs GP100 conversion on their website and ran across their high polish blued version. That is one of the most beautiful new guns I've ever seen. I would rather have that than a high end custom 1911.

User Tag List