Thread: Steiner eOptics SBAL-PL (Smaller 500 lumen WML with laser above light)

Steiner eOptics SBAL-PL (Smaller 500 lumen WML with laser above light)

Alright, looks like you guys can stop bitching about the size of WML and how lasers should be placed above the light or how the light doesn't have enough lumens:

Quote Originally Posted by Steiner eOptics

Steiner eOptics (formerly Laser Devices) announces the SBAL-PL, one of the most compact, lightweight pistol-mounted laser aiming and white light illuminating systems available today.

The SBAL-PL combines a battlefield proven green laser aiming module with a new, high output, 500-lumen white-light illuminator for rapid target acquisition and aiming. The SBAL-PL’s low-parallax allows the operator to minimize the differential between point-of-aim and point-of-impact for increased accuracy at varying ranges. For maximum flexibility, SBAL-PL allows the operator to either aim independently or aim and illuminate simultaneously, all with the quick tap of a button. The SBAL-PL is designed for quick mounting onto mid to large frame pistols with an integrated adjustable butterfly mount. Housed in a rugged, waterproof aircraft aluminum 6061-T6 / MIL-SPEC Type III hardcoat anodized case, the SBAL-PL delivers long battery life and easy-of-use in a compact, under 4 oz. package.
    Source: http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/...-illumination/

How is it activated?

Is the rail on my pistol rated for 4oz?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    How is it activated?
    Supposedly, pressing the button and releasing will turn on both the light and laser, holding the button will keep just the laser on. Buttons are on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Is the rail on my pistol rated for 4oz?
    I dunno, I only know the German space wizards rate The People's Pistol's rail for 5.6 oz.

DSG has it on sale for 299 USD: https://dsgarms.com/stn9017

Might be worth a gander for those of y'all that haven't tried lasers before.

User Tag List