Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Magpul's new Remmy 700 SA "Hunter 700" stock and mag system

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Before getting all excited about a plastic stock, I'd want to know for sure how stiff the forend is. Unless the bedding block continues forward most of the way or some seriously thick web sections molded inside the forend, it's a no go for me.
    I sort of "know" Wojcik (he served with my brother) and I'll bet money that he and Magpul made sure this would not happen.
    #RESIST

Handled it today. I'll have one as soon as they are ready to ship. Looks very impressive so far.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Handled it today. I'll have one as soon as they are ready to ship. Looks very impressive so far.
    Jealous. Do you think think it would shave weight compared to my current B&C setup we talked about?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Jealous. Do you think think it would shave weight compared to my current B&C setup we talked about?
    Not sure which one you have, but probably not. A basic B&C is probably under 3 pounds. On the other hand, this gives you lots of stock adjustment as well as a dbm, all for a pretty low weight. If you wanted, you could probably sell your stock for half to 2/3'rds the cost of the magpul. Is it bedded?

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Not sure which one you have, but probably not. A basic B&C is probably under 3 pounds. On the other hand, this gives you lots of stock adjustment as well as a dbm, all for a pretty low weight. If you wanted, you could probably sell your stock for half to 2/3'rds the cost of the magpul. Is it bedded?
    This exact stock, not bedded.
    #RESIST

I am at least as excited about the AI compatible mags as I am about the chassis. Hopefully they work better than Alphamags.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

-Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Are you getting one?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Are you getting one?
    Maybe eventually. With the size of the barrel channel being limited to basically a Remington heavy/varmint contour barrel, it limits what I can put in it. None of my custom barreled actions will fit.

I may swap the stock on my Remington VS. It has the factory HS Precision sporter/hunter style stock on it so I would be gaining some better ergos but not much in the accuracy department.
    Last edited by SecondsCount; 09-11-2015 at 11:22 AM.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I will be purchasing the FDE model with the bottom metal kit and a half dozen mags.

It gets hot here during a Texas summer, and I prefer not to fry my head on a black stock.

User Tag List