Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: G34 IWB?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN

G34 IWB?

I have painted myself into a corner. I was discussing with an editor the idea of doing a story on living with a "long slide" polymer pistol as a day-to-day CCW piece for a month or two, and we wound up settling on probably the most common of the breed: The Glock 34. (I mean, hey, it's supposed to be "practical" as well as "tactical", right?)

So now I need to track down a conventional SS IWB holster for a G34 that's reasonably comfy at the 3:30/4:00 position I prefer. Suggestions?

(My usual CCW is a 5" 1911 in a VM-2 at the same location...)

Comp-Tac Infidel.

I've carried a G35/34 for a long time now.

For a 3:00 holster I would look at 5shot leather, Comptac infidel, Raven, or one of my custom Kydex rigs. Ive been running my G34 AIWB and love it. ( Keepers Kydex)

The really odd thing I found on the G35 IWB was it is more comfortable to wear than a G17..
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Secret City Weaponeers K-25 works very well for this location. I have no long term experience, just tried it and it worked well for that location on myself and the owner.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Secret City Weaponeers K-25 works very well for this location. I have no long term experience, just tried it and it worked well for that location on myself and the owner.
    Hells bells, I know Tony! I used to work with him! I had no idea he'd gone into the holster biz, but I can totally say that he's a straight-up guy and an honorable man.

I will look into the K-25.

Interesting point. What kydex holster is most similar to the vm? They're seriously unobtainable right now and I wanted to play with one for a GM.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Hello, there.

My K-25 is an IWB/OWB convertible. It is named after the gaseous diffusion plant, K-25, in my hometown of Oak Ridge, Tennessee (aka the "Secret City"), where uranium was enriched for the first atomic bombs. It features a relatively aggressive cant of 25 degrees, which I consider ideal for concealed carry of a full size pistol, at about the 4:00 to 4:30 position (8:30 to 9:00 for the sinister pistolero). I also do a Y-12 model, which features a more orthodox 12 degrees of cant, which I consider more suited for about 3:15 to 3:45 (or 8:15 to 8:45). The Y-12 model is also available for applications requiring concealment of an attached tactical light (Surefire X300 or TLR-1). Here's a photo of a G22 in a K-25, with matching single mag holster (it was overcast when I took this photo, which gave it weird bluish tint):

Crossbreed "Super tuck" with the horsehide back and combat cut sweat guard. Very comfortable for me anyway. I have never packed a 34 in it, but I have packed a 26 and a 22 in it...

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Su...me,ProductName

I have been carrying my G34 in an IWB holster for about 2 months now, I've been using a Comp-Tac Infidel with a lot of success. It's a really nice holster, actually.

I would go raven concealment phantom or a comp-tac mtac.
    Chemist.

User Tag List