Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Response to BaiHu.....

In Response to BaiHu.....

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Without derailing this thread too much, isn't that like saying "blacklivesmatter" when it comes to a lawful shooting in Ferguson, while ignoring all the "blacklivesmatter" in the inner cities? If all lives matter, then all lives matter. Why not cover the daily genocide in Africa? Isn't their consistent plight even worse than our "occasional" plight?
    My answer is here to prevent a thread drift.

Black lives indeed do matter. Not the ones being shot daily in Chicago's less desireable environs, and definitely not the black cops in uniform .The lives which matter to the folks in power and in the media are the middle class voters,who are sold a collateralized and innaccurate picture of the world.Its the "Truman Show", writ large and without the cameras.

In some ways, the plight of the North Korean and the typical Chicago resident are frighteningly similar. Both individuals are told by the information sources around them that the world is X, when in fact its Y. Dead Africans doesnt fit into the "Truman Show Bubble" of racist cops and evil gun owners, so its left out of the artifical media environment with the certainty of a North Korean censor. Dead black criminals , however, can be neatly integrated into the "Truman Show" of American media fairly easily, if one omits some minor facts about who the real aggresor was.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Well stated and I agree, I just failed to add /sarcasm to my post. I thought it would come through ;{
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Well stated and I agree, I just failed to add /sarcasm to my post. I thought it would come through ;{
    Way to make a man feel smart ...
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Fastest. Thread. Ever! Internet high 5!

The truth is not all lives matter. Some people forfeit that right by what they do. Their lives do not matter.

Yeah, they do. The right to life isn't something that can be forfeited -- it's not yours to give.
    Ignore Alien Orders

In the eyes of the media and pundits of politry (I like making words up) every life can be bought and sold for the express purpose of collecting and disseminating power.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    My answer is here to prevent a thread drift.

Black lives indeed do matter. Not the ones being shot daily in Chicago's less desireable environs, and definitely not the black cops in uniform .The lives which matter to the folks in power and in the media are the middle class voters,who are sold a collateralized and innaccurate picture of the world.Its the "Truman Show", writ large and without the cameras.

In some ways, the plight of the North Korean and the typical Chicago resident are frighteningly similar. Both individuals are told by the information sources around them that the world is X, when in fact its Y. Dead Africans doesnt fit into the "Truman Show Bubble" of racist cops and evil gun owners, so its left out of the artifical media environment with the certainty of a North Korean censor. Dead black criminals , however, can be neatly integrated into the "Truman Show" of American media fairly easily, if one omits some minor facts about who the real aggresor was.
    I can dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Yeah, they do. The right to life isn't something that can be forfeited -- it's not yours to give.
    I stand by my statement. An aggresor who uses, or threatens to use, deadly force is now liable to be killed himself. Plenty of legal background to back that up.

May not be mine to give, but it sure is mine to take if that's what's necessary to defend myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I stand by my statement. An aggresor who uses, or threatens to use, deadly force is now liable to be killed himself. Plenty of legal background to back that up.

May not be mine to give, but it sure is mine to take if that's what's necessary to defend myself.
    Sure, but that isn't your original statement. You said their lives don't matter. They do -- every life matters -- but if an unjust person's life gets taken in the process of stopping their deadly action, it's tolerated. Not accepted -- it's still a calamity -- but it's better than that the just be harmed. The lesser of two evils is still evil.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List