Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd Green and the HK VP9

So not even curious Todd?

This is shocking news. Haven't even seen one? Who are you and what have you done with Todd?

We are diminished
    So, I was sort of in and out of the hospital most of 2014. I think I went to the range maybe half a dozen times all year. I missed the VP9 and 320 going live. By the time I could shoot (which is still restricted even now), I had been able to read all about them.

If I were still teaching, I'd at least get familiarized with them. But since I just shoot for my own skill-building and enjoyment these days, they're more a curiosity than anything else.

Yep, I was / am an old school 1911 guy, but I ventured into the 9mike 1911 way back when it was despised in that platform. Hell I remember catching a lot of crap when I went to an STI double stack .40 2011. At least I could puff my chest with a higher capacity albeit a .40 short and weak roundas the .45 1911 snobs like to put it. At least it wasn't the even punier 9mm. Thought I would have to return my 1911 man card with a the 9x19 1911 and I kinda felt dirty waiting until the range was empty and no one around, so that I could shoot it. But now since they seem to have gained traction and more acceptance due to some of the cool kids out there sporting them, I don't have to wait until I have range space all to myself to shoot it.

As for the VP9, it just doesn't fit me.

I hear ya man, and am glad to hear you're getting back into the swing. Really curious to see what you think of it once you can check one out.

Yeah im curious to see how Todd compares the VP9 with the P320 and the P30.

Let the man heal and he'll let you know what he thinks if and when he can...

Todd is a 1911 snob now and has little need for soulless polymer service pistols.....which is good
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Todd is a 1911 snob now and has little need for soulless polymer service pistols.....which is good
    Basically yeah.

Site Supporter
    Todd,

I always enjoyed how pragmatic your reviews and commentaries have been in the past. No brand or design loyalty, the only metrics of success are the timer, the group size, the reliability, durability, and conceal ability. I hope you haven't become a jingoistic 1911 fan now. I miss reading your analyses of the merits of various guns.

Get well soon!

Jason

User Tag List