Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So in his mindset...he reviews with a lot of followers

Redacted.
    Last edited by Rains on Parades; 08-07-2011 at 02:27 PM.

My impression (which may be worth exactly what you're paying for it) is that he tries to approach a review like a "typical" gun buyer. He starts by examining and describing the subject gun straight from the box in great detail, eventually taking it to the range to be wrung out. He takes so long that his videos often get broken up into two or three segments. He does get rather tedious, but that's a subjective call. Since the shooting part would be on the last segment, it might get overlooked.
    Thankfully, the internet's a big place, with lots of choices for information.
    AKA Pete Sheppard
    Powder Smoke: The smell of FREEDOM!

I had heard the LT Col thing, he just looked to young for that..maybe all my LT Col was just old men...lol

I will say I'm would like all that gear/guns he gets
    Randy P.

About Me

Quote Originally Posted by shep854 View Post
    My impression (which may be worth exactly what you're paying for it) is that he tries to approach a review like a "typical" gun buyer. He starts by examining and describing the subject gun straight from the box in great detail, eventually taking it to the range to be wrung out. He takes so long that his videos often get broken up into two or three segments. He does get rather tedious, but that's a subjective call. Since the shooting part would be on the last segment, it might get overlooked.
    Thankfully, the internet's a big place, with lots of choices for information.
    He's an idiot. He blathers on about things he doesn't begin to understand. Decides an item is GTG or not without using it. Then his "shooting" reviews are a bad joke. IF you've watched a few of them you'll see him shooting without glasses dressed up in his ninja outfit.

You don't always need to know a lot about a subject to know when you should question advice. If I was searching for a video on YOUTUBE detailing how to change a tire or paint my house, I would not choose this guys video to follow.

Sometimes, "buyer beware" means that you have to do your "due dilligence". People who buy things or take advice because an internet video, gun store clerk, or used car salesman told them to simply get what they paid for.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    People who buy things or take advice because an internet video, gun store clerk, or used car salesman told them to simply get what they paid for.
    ...and for gawd's sake, don't believe anything you read on an internet gun forum!

About the Lt Col thing, I've not been in the military so those of you who have can set me straight . . . the way that guy talks, he sounds like a 21 yr old. I've not seen many of his videos, but I distinctly remember him calling himself a Lt Col and also remember the one where he is with his son and says to the kid, "Let's see you bust those targets, YO!"

Yo? This is just one example but his speech generally is along these lines, and my point is that the few military officers I've met don't talk like 21 yr olds who just finished listening to the latest rap CD. Again, my experience is limited so perhaps this is more common than I realize.

Nothing against the guy, just makes me wonder.

Cannot stand his efforts.

He really does have access to huge amounts of gear, while having the mental faculties and some of the experience needed to tell at a basic level when something's crap - as well as the honesty to say so when it is - but he's so incredibly long winded, annoying and egotistical that I can't stand watching his videos anymore.
    All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

I see his face in Urban Dictionary when I look up youtube attention whore.

User Tag List