Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So in his mindset...he reviews with a lot of followers

So in his mindset...he reviews with a lot of followers

So who is this nutnfancy guy on youtube?

I have watched a few of his videos and he definitively gets a lot of gear to review so either he is rich or someone in the industry likes him.

But who is this guy and is he just a mall ninja or what?
    Randy P.

About Me

Legend in his own mind.

He seems enamored with low end gear, and often does "table top reviews" on firearms he, by his own admission, has yet to fire.
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 08-06-2011 at 05:32 PM.

My primary problem with him is that those who don't know better might mistake what he has to say for expertise.

You'll notice that the vast majority of his reviews are of guns he doesn't even fire; it's essentially him sitting at a table, fingerbanging them while pontificating on his rather... unique philosophy on firearms.

ETA:

My understanding is that he's a retired AF Reserve pilot as a Lt Col. I don't want to diminish from his service at all as it is appreciated, but his job wasn't the kind that makes one a small arms expert.

I'm not one of his fanboys, but I've found the videos that I watched interesting and informative--and yes, he DID fire the guns under review.
    AKA Pete Sheppard
    Powder Smoke: The smell of FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by shep854 View Post
    I'm not one of his fanboys, but I've found the videos that I watched interesting and informative--and yes, he DID fire the guns under review.
    I'd suggest you go back and check. As GS stated, he's fully admitted that his table top reviews generally don't involve shooting the guns in question. It's not unusual to hear something to the effect of "I haven't shot this yet, but...." as he's in the middle of a 40 minute multipart review.

None of this is even getting into his odd definition of "firepower" which is starkly at odds with his advocacy of pocket guns. He'll quibble about a two ounce difference between two guns, then in the next breath talk about how awesome it is that you can get 33 round mags for a Glock.

ETA:

I really don't want to sound like I intend to eat our own here, but the irritation I feel about him is about like the irritation I feel about bad gun store advice. I mostly get disheartened when I feel people are getting bad information, which is what I think much of what he has to say is.
    Last edited by jslaker; 08-06-2011 at 06:21 PM.

The impression I got was that his reviews started out on the tabletop, and progressed to range reports. At any rate, I've seen videos of him shooting subject guns.
    Admittedly, I haven't seen many of his reviews, just the ones involving a gun I happened to be interested in.
    AKA Pete Sheppard
    Powder Smoke: The smell of FREEDOM!

Seems like an internet celebrity.

Lot of those going around these days.

Quote Originally Posted by shep854 View Post
    The impression I got was that his reviews started out on the tabletop, and progressed to range reports. At any rate, I've seen videos of him shooting subject guns.
    Some do. Far from all, and generally only things he/his friends own from what I've seen. The tabletop guns are provided to him by Impact Guns, who are apparently local to him.

Suffice it to say there's not alot of love for him here.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Seems like an internet celebrity.

Lot of those going around these days.
    Do you know who I am on the internet? I could have you killed on the internet!

(For any humor impaired types reading this, it was a JOKE. Sadly, you have to put disclaimers like this on 'web posts... )

User Tag List