Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The BEST bang-for-the-buck 45 ACP ever?? I think so. (WARNING - PIC HEAVY)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    OP, I honestly hope the gun works out well for you and I'm sure everyone else feels the same. I'm interested to see how it hold up with use.

I can understand some of the other folks here who are concerned with what seems like people crapping on this thread but the reason I joined PF is because these guys are dead serious about guns, literally. When they talk guns it's life-or-death and when you expect to be able to trust your life to a tool you have to be skeptical of anything unfamiliar. I don't want to hear from dudes that think one friggen box of ammo is a luxury, and use "100 rounds" and "trouble-free" when talking about a gun they've had for two years. (not that anyone in this thread is.)

In the end it's more important to offer dissenting opinions so everyone who sees this can be better informed than to preserve someone's feelings.
    Well in that case, here's my take: The gun is not at all going to be a better choice than a G21 or M&P45, which can be found for hardly a few bucks more. If you want the best bang for your buck in .45 ACP, a Glock or Smith is absolutely the way to go if you are carrying a .45 and seek to offend the great and mighty JMB by not carrying a 1911...

The review was written like it was made for a gun rag, with everything from measuring the width of the grip, to the ever present "I have small-ish hands, but this gun fits me just right ZOMG!". Sorry, but I seriously thought it might have been plagiarized from a Guns and Ammo back issue...to the point where I began looking through my back issues

I truly wasn't sure if this was a troll or a shill or whatever, but that anybody would treat some Turkish gun made out of recycled lawnchairs and hubcaps as if it were a quality defensive arm makes my eyes bug for a little bit. I've heard some of the Turkish stuff isn't too bad for a toy, but toys break too, and as mentioned, it's a pain in the booty getting repairs done. EAA's legendarily terrible customer service would give me pause right then and there.

To the OP, if you're not shilling, or trolling or whatever, I do apologize, I hope the gun works for you and that you enjoy it thoroughly. I'd be interested in seeing any reports after 5,000 or 10,000 rounds. I hope you need never trust your life to it. Also, You're gonna get laughed at for bringing in that eastern European stuff to this forum. Remember, this forum took a little while to even get used to the notion that CZ's could be relied upon

The BEST bang-for-the-buck 45 ACP ever??
    I was pretty happy buying a real live 1911 (not A-1) Colt for about that. It wasnt quite pristine, but for whats now a 101 year old gun, I felt I did pretty good. I chose to buy a few more parts to get it closer to original, some better sights, and have it blued. Overall though, I think it was one of my better purchases.

Site Supporter
    Looks like the best thing to come out of Turkey, since "Turkish Star Wars"!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Well in that case, here's my take: The gun is not at all going to be a better choice than a G21 or M&P45, which can be found for hardly a few bucks more.
    He wanted a DA/SA gun.

The review was written like...
    I understand where you're coming from and don't disagree, but the writing style isn't an issue. Let's keep the discussion about the gun and not about the writer/style, please.

I'd be interested in seeing any reports after 5,000 or 10,000 rounds.
    Ditto. Though I think many of us will have egg on our faces if it is running well at 5k.

For the record, I wouldn't have purchased that gun myself. But the OP seemed pretty specific about what he wanted and his goal of spending as little as possible while getting those features. It could just be a range toy for him or a game gun in which case its "street" reliability and such may be of little worry. I do agree about the Formula One forum/yugo thing (which, as SLG said, was utterly hilarious) but as you said yourself, the forum went from strongly anti-CZ to being pretty pro-CZ over time.

I still don't like CZs either.

Well in that case, here's my take: The gun is not at all going to be a better choice than a G21 or M&P45, which can be found for hardly a few bucks more. If you want the best bang for your buck in .45 ACP, a Glock or Smith is absolutely the way to go if you are carrying a .45 and seek to offend the great and mighty JMB by not carrying a 1911...

The review was written like it was made for a gun rag, with everything from measuring the width of the grip, to the ever present "I have small-ish hands, but this gun fits me just right ZOMG!". Sorry, but I seriously thought it might have been plagiarized from a Guns and Ammo back issue...to the point where I began looking through my back issues

I truly wasn't sure if this was a troll or a shill or whatever, but that anybody would treat some Turkish gun made out of recycled lawnchairs and hubcaps as if it were a quality defensive arm makes my eyes bug for a little bit. I've heard some of the Turkish stuff isn't too bad for a toy, but toys break too, and as mentioned, it's a pain in the booty getting repairs done. EAA's legendarily terrible customer service would give me pause right then and there.

To the OP, if you're not shilling, or trolling or whatever, I do apologize, I hope the gun works for you and that you enjoy it thoroughly. I'd be interested in seeing any reports after 5,000 or 10,000 rounds. I hope you need never trust your life to it. Also, You're gonna get laughed at for bringing in that eastern European stuff to this forum. Remember, this forum took a little while to even get used to the notion that CZ's could be relied upon
    I apologize if my review was a bit too enthusiastic...I was just really impressed.

First off, I'm a flight paramedic by profession...I have NO affiliation with ANY gun dealer, manufacturer or importer. I simply LOVE all-metal pistols and the low price allowed me to take a chance an unproven import. I guess my title should have read "best all-metal bang-for-the-buck pistol to take a chance on" LOL. I am well aware of the AMAZING reliability and performance of polymer pistols such as Glock and M&P (I own a few Tactical Tupperware guns my self).

I appreciate the input from all of you on the issue of reliability and customer support. I did not address the issue because I cannot speak to it...this is my FIRST Turkish gun and I have not had ANY dealings with EAA. Quite frankly, at this price point, it won't break my heart (or my wallet) if its a toss-away if anything happens to it (and if it does, lesson learned). But from what I've read...Sarsilmaz is the third largest weapons manufacturer in Europe, and they produce for the Turkish military...so I assumed it was a quality gun. It "appears" to be very well built, anyway.

I would be happy to come back with a long term test result, but I seriously doubt I will EVER put 10,000 rounds through this gun unless ammo starts falling off trees. However, I will be happy to let anyone in my area borrow it for a 5000 round test...as long as you're not purposely trying to blow it up with funky, over-pressured ammo!!

All I can tell you is, so far I've put 200 rounds (Speer Lawman 230gr) through it...and it went bang EVERY TIME with zero malfs. I know 200 doesn't say much, but its all I got for ya right now.

Again, thanks for letting me share.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Seriously, outside of this forum, how many pistols are likely to see 10,000 rounds in its lifetime? How likely is the person who is looking to buy a low priced European military gun like this to put 10,000 rounds though their gun?

I think a successful 1000-2000 round challenge would vet this pistol for the intent that 99% of its buyers purchased it for. Maybe the "bang for the buck" comment was a little misleading, but I appreciate any real world (not gun rag) feedback on pistols like these Turkish guns or any of the Serbo/Hungarian/Spainish/ect auto guns. I would much rather point the extremely price conscious gun buyer who wants something to throw lead down range and maybe serve as a magical talisman to drive away goblins in the night towards something like this than a High Point.

<SNIP>The review was written like it was made for a gun rag, with everything from measuring the width of the grip, to the ever present "I have small-ish hands, but this gun fits me just right ZOMG!". </SNIP>
    To be fair, I DID say the Sig Sauer fits me better. ;-)

<SNIP> but that anybody would treat some Turkish gun made out of recycled lawnchairs and hubcaps as if it were a quality defensive arm makes my eyes bug for a little bit. </SNIP>
    Well, from what I understand, the Turkish military relies upon them...but whatever.

You're gonna get laughed at for bringing in that eastern European stuff to this forum.
    LESSON LEARNED!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Seriously, outside of this forum, how many pistols are likely to see 10,000 rounds in its lifetime? How likely is the person who is looking to buy a low priced European military gun like this to put 10,000 rounds though their gun?
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Sarsilmaz product makes it through a 2K challenge.

That still leaves us with the monumental logistics problem. Buy a police trade in Sig, Beretta, HK ,Glock etc. and you'll get a professional human being when you contact those companies for factory assistance.With Sarsilmaz or any other EAA import, you own a grey market import with zero US support. When I owned my Tanfoglio, here's what EAA kittened up:

Order for two speed safeties. One fit, the other did not and was so out of spec Stevie Wonder could tell it wasn't sized right. Two hours of remedial work on my part fixed that.It was a better option then *gulp* returning it and hoping they'd get it right the second time.

Order for two upgraded hammers. One arrived at my door.

EAAs website spontaneously "forgot" my login and account.

EAA directed me to a nonexistent vendor during a phone conversation for grip options.

Out of four contacts for basic stuff, they've totaled every single interaction. If I needed a replacement part out of necessity versus just upgrades-or if warranty work was needed- I'd be royally boned. As is the OP if his Sarsilmaz goes down.

That's why I now use the OTHER gun company in Gardone Val Trompia, Italy (By way of Ackokeek,MD) .
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Sarsilmaz product makes it through a 2K challenge.

That still leaves us with the monumental logistics problem. Buy a police trade in Sig, Beretta, HK ,Glock etc. and you'll get a professional human being when you contact those companies for factory assistance.With Sarsilmaz or any other EAA import, you own a grey market import with zero US support.

<SNIP>

That IS disheartening. I must admit, I'm not so enthusiastic about my shiny new toy now.

Oh well, it was never meant as a carry weapon...just something I purchased on a whim because it was inexpensive. I will continue to shoot it until it can no longer shoot...and then turn it into an art project or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Hugh, please check your PMs.

Replied. Thanks

User Tag List