Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The BEST bang-for-the-buck 45 ACP ever?? I think so. (WARNING - PIC HEAVY)

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Agreed. If the gun was a polymer frame at that price, it would be easier for me to say it might not have as many corners cut in manufacturing, but being all steel at that price, something's got to give for sure. I work at a steel and aluminum machining and fab shop, and with the price of steel and the cost of machine time and labor the $398 price tag doesn't inspire confidence in the build quality.
    The cost of labor for a nation like Turkey isn't the same as it is in nations like Germany, US, etc.

That being said, what the OPs losing with the K2 is effective local support-and that's worth a premium. Shoot often enough, and you'll wear something out or need a part. Without logistical support, that guns a paperweight waiting to happen.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    The cost of labor for a nation like Turkey isn't the same as it is in nations like Germany, US, etc.

That being said, what the OPs losing with the K2 is effective local support-and that's worth a premium. Shoot often enough, and you'll wear something out or need a part. Without logistical support, that guns a paperweight waiting to happen.
    I'm aware of the difference in labor cost, as well as the propensity to use extremely low grade materials by foreign companies, both of which are a bit disconcerting when it comes to firearms, even if they are just a range blaster.

Meh.

I've paid much for, for much worse. And log support is only as good as the company is willing to make it. No shortage of issues with support from the "big guys".

Feels like an awful lot of jumping on the guy for presenting his opinion. Unless you're all thinking he shilling for the company. If that's the case then just say so.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I didn't see anyone jumping on the guy. He gave the opinion that it's the best bang for you buck 45acp and in true internet forum fashion, other people gave their opinions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Feels like an awful lot of jumping on the guy for presenting his opinion. Unless you're all thinking he shilling for the company. If that's the case then just say so.
    The trouble is, his post says "Bang for the Buck".

Such does not exist in the World of Guns. If a handgun is priced below market value given its features, there's a reason why. The OP may have saved physical up front cash, but he'll pay in the long run when EAA botches an order or can't/won't fix his gun, or he has to pay a premium to get a holster , etc.

Its a lesson I re-learned very recently.Even a range toy is no fun if it goes down and you can't fix it.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I see his post as, he posted his feeling and impressions. I didn't take anything more than that from his writing. I will admit my "shill" meter twitches a bit though, but I have no data to back it up so it remains merely a twitch. I've learned to ignore buzz words like "bang for the buck" a long time ago and focus on the merits (and detriments) of an item.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    … but you did basically come onto a Formula One forum promoting a Yugo…

One of my new favorite lines.

I'm interested to see a 2000 round challenge and then some long term testing.

Cheers,
    D

OP, I honestly hope the gun works out well for you and I'm sure everyone else feels the same. I'm interested to see how it hold up with use.

I can understand some of the other folks here who are concerned with what seems like people crapping on this thread but the reason I joined PF is because these guys are dead serious about guns, literally. When they talk guns it's life-or-death and when you expect to be able to trust your life to a tool you have to be skeptical of anything unfamiliar. I don't want to hear from dudes that think one friggen box of ammo is a luxury, and use "100 rounds" and "trouble-free" when talking about a gun they've had for two years. (not that anyone in this thread is.)

In the end it's more important to offer dissenting opinions so everyone who sees this can be better informed than to preserve someone's feelings.

User Tag List