Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KSTG @ NRA 20-January-2015

Apparently I suck at shooting weak hand lying on my side. I'm guessing I'll have to either work with a SIRT or start doing airsoft in the basement at home to practice that though...I doubt the NRA would allow me to stick my giant legs over into the next lane so I could practice.

Thanks for another fun match!

Site Supporter

Results

Results posted to practiscore: https://practiscore.com/results.php?...3-5389FE97F4DF

I still haven't figured out a way to move reentries and SWS shooters to the bottom of the results, so they're displayed in the normal results even though they are not "official" scores.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I still haven't figured out a way to move reentries and SWS shooters to the bottom of the results, so they're displayed in the normal results even though they are not "official" scores.
    Second run, "Z Josh Savani"
    Third run, "ZZ Josh Savani"
    SWS, "ZZZZZ Todd Green"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Second run, "Z Josh Savani"
    Third run, "ZZ Josh Savani"
    SWS, "ZZZZZ Todd Green"
    I don't get it.

No matter what you do in Practiscore, the scores are organized by "Final Time." There is no way to effect this value and still display stage times, or, rather, there might be, I just don't know how to do that.

We are diminished
    I get it. Yeah, my idea made no sense.

Give second runs a 1,000 second penalty; third runs a 2,000 second penalty; SWS a 5,000 second penalty? It would be easy to figure out your true score but would definitely put each "category" into a clear separate section on the scoreboard.

I like ToddG's suggestion for 'separating' second-run and SWS shooters...though...why would they need to be separated any further than +1000 seconds from the main 'field'? Aren't extra runs and SWS runs mainly for the shooter's edification (or in last month's case: pure entertainment) anyways?

Thanks to the crew for another delightful evening. I quite liked the idea of stages that could be completed in different ways, like Stage 1 and its multiple positions, or Stage 2 and the option of retreating to cover first or shooting while retreating.

"WHAT?!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW RIDICULOUS YOUR GUN IS!" - TLG

Awesome! It was great fun. Great to see you Todd. I did better than I thought I did. That S&W 5906 just seems to work for me. But still I like changing it up. Next month will either be a 1911 or Beretta 92. Unless it is qualification.

Took a bit longer for me to finish editing the footage from the last KSTG Match in January due to wanting to include the Up Range footage and having to learn how to perfect masking using keyframes. Finally got something I am happy with after a tedious 2 hours playing with the settings and working in at the keyframe level in order to avoid the traditional black box over the eyes/face which tends to distract from the footage.

My small contribution to KSTG in light of the many stages we have run involving a simulated "infant" or "baby" prop that we have to save, hold, run with, hide behind cover... I introduce you to the henceforth, hopefully "official" KSTG Baby:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/zeroflux/16409766029

User Tag List