Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Speer Gold Dot G2: Too Soon To Buy In?

Those with real faith would be content with three inches. Three shall be the number of thy counting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gruntjim View Post
    Those with real faith would be content with three inches. Three shall be the number of thy counting.
    Forgive my tawdry backsliding ways. You are right that a 4" would be excessive and the use of a 3" would be more proper...but it must be a round butt.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Odin would give you a 3.5" Model 27....Vikings use the Norse frame size...;-)
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    I'd fail a sophomore student right out of physics 101 class if they even suggested a Hydrashok post did anything other than sell bullets.
    What if they fluted the post to correspond to a hollow point's expansion pedals? I would think you should be able to create localized zones of higher pressure where you want the bullet to deform - especially if the hollow point was designed for some narrower pedals to expand farther than normal while others pedals remain closed (limiting frontal area for better penetration while still expanding the reach for a better chance of striking a vital organ)

User Tag List