Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Bill drill Comparison data

Rosco, I am pretty sure SLG can bench his own weight.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

We are diminished
    I'm pretty sure SLG can bench my body weight.

Rosco,

Funny, cause one of the guys I was shooting with that day had never seen an IDPA target before. When he found out that my "miss" was just as good as an intentional down zero shot, he became very upset. When I explained that the qual targets he was used to also allowed for huge misses to count the same as good shots, he just didn't get it. Nonetheless, I was very embarrassed to throw a shot that wide of my mark.

Shot the BD2 and 5x5 again today with some different friends, both understand IDPA scoring. I don't have the results in front of me to post accurately, but none of the runs were clean and none were as good as my very first attempt. Most runs were in the 10's for BD2, and the 5x5 is actually unprintable:-( Unfortunately, my lack of practice has led to a reduction in my overall speed, as well as my consistency. Who'd a thunk it?

I shot the BD2 yesterday for the first time.

I shot a total time of 7.20, broken down as follows for each string with 1 C and the rest A's:
    1.71 (1 C)

I was not drawing from concealment, but using a RCS phantom holster with my G35 and full power factory FMJ (~175pf). I only shot it once, although not quite "cold" as I had shot about 10 rounds from 25 yds in draw/fire2 drills prior.

I'll have to experiment with this one some more with different gun/ammo combinations as well as concealed.

Shot the Wilson 5x5 this afternoon with a Glock.

clean in 14.34

I had a very slow first string, or it would have been near my PR of 13 something. Interestingly, this was the first time I used a timer in the last three sessions -- have been focusing on stopping/aiming/jerking with perfect form.

I just finally got around to trying this yesterday. It's pretty freakin' cool.
    I ran it twice with each of two different pistols, scoring the 2nd for each.

A FDE Gen 4 G17 from the 1st FDE run: 18.56 which incl 2.5 sec of penalty time.

A FDE Gen 3 G19 from the last FDE run last year: 16.15 with 1.0 sec of penalty time.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Had a chance to do one run of the Wilson 5x5 drill this afternoon. CZ

5.15 -.5

14.16 + .5 = 14.66

User Tag List