Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Optics ready Glock 34 and 35

What gun game would these even be legal for? You'd get stomped on in Open with a Glock.

From my Motorola StarTAC.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    What gun game would these even be legal for? You'd get stomped on in Open with a Glock.

From my Motorola StarTAC.
    Open in 3 gun or most informal steel matches. I've also heard that USPSA is considering a Production Optics division.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I can see me picking up a G34 MOS and making that my primary home defense weapon.
    Same here.

Thinking about this, I can see benefits to the 35, even with an optic, as the 35 handles .40 better. I have also not heard much chatter of G35 problems with .40, unlike in the shorter barrel length models.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I think this is very timely as there are a wave of aging shooters with aging eyes who struggle to see iron sights. I wear mono vision contacts so that I can see the sights and the targets with my 54 year old eyes - if I had a "dot", I might not need the special contact prescription.

I think it interesting how "racy" equipment from USPSA Open has slowly but surely become part of service and carry firearms such as the optics.

Site Supporter
    As a long time G35 user ( March 05 to date/22k rounds over 2 pistols /20k and 2 k), I am extremely intrigued with a factory backed G34/35/41 optic ready pistol. The gen 4 was not enough of a change to bump me off my braces of G34s and G35s. This development might very well.

While a factory ready optics slide is good, I think the real opportunity is in optics. Making the optic more reliable, resistant to weather, and most importantly -- a display that allows the shooter to acquire the dot easier and plain shoot better.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Awesome! I would be interested in a G17 size gun as well.

It's odd that the guns don't come with suppressor height sights.
    Isn't Glock just trying to keep the cost down? Don't most of us prefer to replace most stock pistol sights with our favorite brand and type of sights?

Not wanting to pay more for something I'm probably going to take off anyway, I like the way Glock does it, with cheap "dovetail protectors" (as KH puts it).

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    While a factory ready optics slide is good, I think the real opportunity is in optics. Making the optic more reliable, resistant to weather, and most importantly -- a display that allows the shooter to acquire the dot easier and plain shoot better.
    Factory RDS Glocks on shelves in stores will hopefully help breach a whole new market of people who would have never sought out custom work to have a slide milled, which will hopefully open up the market for further development of RDS themselves.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Awesome! I would be interested in a G17 size gun as well.

It's odd that the guns don't come with suppressor height sights.
    I'm curious if HD sights might be "taller enough" to be usable through the optic without going full suppressor height?
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List