Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Optics ready Glock 34 and 35

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    My understanding is that the recent Glock suppressor ready pistols that come from the factory with threaded barrels use Ameriglo suppressor sights, and not plastic Glock placeholders
    Thanks, I must have missed that.

I guess I'm more surprised that Glock didn't add the suppressor height sights as standard considering...

A) Their major market segment competitor, the M&P CORE, comes with suppressor height sights.
    B) They already have Ameriglos available at the factory.

Perhaps they'll be an option - there's still a lot to learn about this MOS series, particularly the adapter system for mounting, and price. Still, glad to see Glock making some smart decisions, like dropping the 'C' series compensated pistols and devoting some production capacity to something like an optics ready pistol.

ETA: Saw one dealer advertise a price of $699 (presumably for the G34/G35 model). That's not much of a premium over a standard G34/G35 (and would keep them competitive with the CORE).
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 01-03-2015 at 08:52 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

There are some high round count, real world, non-competitive shooters who use slide mounted RDS equipped pistols with longer slides like the G34/G35 so the WML lens does not get as covered with soot. Perhaps this is also a factor...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I can see me picking up a G34 MOS and making that my primary home defense weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    There are some high round count, real world, non-competitive shooters who use slide mounted RDS equipped pistols with longer slides like the G34/G35 so the WML lens does not get as covered with soot. Perhaps this is also a factor...
    That sounds sensible if you thought those guys were going to buy enough to matter. I bet a dollar, though, that Glock marketing saw the 9L CORE and said we can do that. CORE, "competition optics ready equipment" has always stuck me as an intetesting name given how little competing is done with a slide mounted optic.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Personally I am pleased to see the new models. Glock has been pretty stagnant for some time. That longslide 10mm looks like it would be a killer outdoorsman sidearm, for both general purpose use, as well as handgun hunting.

I've been seriously contemplating divesting myself of 10mm/40 guns and scaling back to just .45 and 9mm. The newer G41 has been calling me as a replacement for my G35. However I still have 20k rounds of projectiles set back in .40 cal that I should probably burn through first.

I agree with many here that an optics ready G17 and G19 have merit, and I would be willing to bet that they are in the not too distant future provided the current models do well.

I am curious to see if any specialized units will take a serious look at these new models, as the the potential for practical application is evident.

Specialized units are already using optics equipped precursors to these models...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Specialized units are already using optics equipped precursors to these models...
    Understood, and presumably they have had no problem getting them. The questions I have are:

How the Glock mount will compare to direct mounting or the Atom.

Will these guys replace their existing pistols with OEM ones.

Will there be some halo effect causing others to buy a 34/35 as an optics platform.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I was aware of some using custom modified stuff, but not to what extent.

I wonder why manufacturers even bother having media sign NDAs when their new product is just going to get leaked by some 9.00 an hour guy working at a gun shop. But it's bloggers than can't be trusted, riiiiiiiight. /rant

On the actual topic, the 10mm intrigues me.

User Tag List