Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CZ 75 P-01... Glock 19 replacement?

Any links to the M4 Carbine thread? Im having trouble finding it

Quote Originally Posted by imp1295 View Post
    I've actually found it easier. I've been consistent with it for the last 10 months though. Dry fire is your friend.

Additionally, I would echo GJM's sentiments regarding the P-07. If I am enticed to try CZ again it will be the P-07 (2014 and later). m4 carbine has about a 90 page thread with Mike Pannone commenting often and expanding on his previous P-07 article.

http://shootersmagazine.com/cz-p-07-...y-knows-about/

I used to have a P-01 and loved it but it was too small for my hands. It would never lock the slide back due to my grip and it would always earn me a PE in IDPA. I sold it to another person there at IDPA who sent it to Cajun Gun Works to get the carry package and now is his carry gun. He loves it and I miss it. Shame I couldn't make it work with my anatomy.

I think out of the box the SIGs tend to have better sights and triggers, the P-01 has less noticeable recoil and is easier to conceal, and the non-LEM USP9c has the worst DA trigger of the three. Though the DA on the P2000s seems to be a bit better. If you aren't going to modify anything the I'd pick the SIG or P2000. But the P-01 with different sights and a worked over trigger would be my preference.

I really like the P-01. It is my first CZ, and I'm a fan. The controls are all just the right size for me (large mag and slide releases, great decocker location). The magwell comes slightly beveled. I blacked out the rear sight and grabbed one of the Cajun FO fronts. There aren't as many sight options as a Sig or an HK, and the trigger isn't a Beretta. That being said, I like it

Shot the P01, P07 and 229 T the end of the day across a variety of drills from two inch dots at 7 to 8 inch steel at 50. I would rank them in terms of practicality -- 229, P07, P01. In pure shoot ability -- P01, P07, 229.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I had a CZ 75 Pcr, approximately a P-01 with no rail, for a few months and found it uninspiring.

- The grip felt great and the trigger in SA was just at the right place for me.

- I have broad hands with short, strong fingers; I found the DA pull, even in half-cock, to be too long for sure ignition for me. (Oddly, it worked fine in my left, weak, hand...)

- The DA pull was long and rough, while the SA trigger pull was short and rough.

- Shooting thumbs up threatened to activate the slide lock/release, but it was too far away for me to use my thumb to chamber a round from a new magazine.

I knew these facts going in, but had planned to do some work on it using a reputable aftermarket gunsmith's parts. I discussed it with the 'smith a couple of times, but in the end felt home-gunsmithing it was beyond my comfort level. The sear cage reassembly is reputed to be far to the right in the hard-to-do column. I considered having a 'smith do the smoothing and possibly the short-trigger install, but the price seemed pretty high. With the short trigger and short reset parts replaced, plus some smoothing I'd have had over $400 invested to clean it up.

Additionally, the sights as-is were unusable to me - there wasn't enough light on either side of the front sight for me to get a consistent picture. Also, the rear sights seemed to be angled in such a way so as to capture the glare; I'm not a sight junkie, but aftermarket sights would have been necessary on this piece. There are few aftermarket sights available for the Pcr, with the Meprolights the only ones I could find for concealed carry. I didn't care for them. Add them to the price of the 'smith work, however, and the cost of work and parts were well over the price I paid for the base piece with my military discount. Basically, I'd have ended up with a Sig-priced CZ with the resale of a CZ, with only the hope (and a great grip feel) that it would work out for me.

I think a person with longer fingers, greater mechanical ability to replace parts, a greater tolerance for a poor trigger feel and/or a willingness to pay for enough ammunition to smooth it out would have an acceptable piece for a reasonable price. I can't judge whether or not that would make sense in lieu of a Sig for someone else, but it wasn't for me. I sold it and cut my losses with a vow never again to try to buy "the best firearm for the price." Now I just want a good one and will pay what that takes.

Make sure you handle a P-01 and a P-07 both (and preferably shoot both) before you buy.

The way they fit the hand is quite different, so much so that I am trying to sell my P-07 to replace it with either a -01 or a 75D PCR.

I've got nearly 1700 rounds through my P-07 since late July and 2700 through my 75D since late August, so my decision is not based on feeling them at the store or shooting a few hundred rounds through each.

Having said that, I'd take a P-07 over a Glock any day and twice on Sunday.

Stopped by CZ Custom in Mesa. They have a new P01 Protek model with nicer grips and a short reset trigger. Very sweet carry gun.

I also saw their tritium and FO sights for the P07/09. Models with a ledge and lower profile no ledge. Plain black and tritium tear sights. All very well done!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    The USPc 9mm is the worst DA trigger I have tried. Just did not work for me.

I had a P-01 but I like the trigger of the P-07 and how it handles and recoils better. That said unless someone else here can show us, it seems that p-07 15 round mags are hard to find.

User Tag List