Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 75 P-01... Glock 19 replacement?

CZ 75 P-01... Glock 19 replacement?

Looking for a hammer fired DA/SA alternative to my Glock 19. A couple reasons have prompted this... 1. Im looking to train away any issues I have with DA first shots 2. AIWB reholstering made easier and 3. Im itching for a new platform!

The P-01 seems perfect on paper... Ive also considered a P229r and a USP 9c. The CZ is loaded with features and comes in at a lower price. Theres plenty of aftermarket support too which is nice.

Any thoughts?

GJM and a few others have had pretty good success and reports with the P-01. I had serious magazine issues caused during a few courses due to sand etc. But, no issues on the square range.

This thread http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...01-Mink-Shadow is what lead me down the CZ road initially.

I've since moved on to the LEM (P30 and P2000 - which is also similar to G19 in size). YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by imp1295 View Post
    GJM and a few others have had pretty good success and reports with the P-01. I had serious magazine issues caused during a few courses due to sand etc. But, no issues on the square range.

This thread http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...01-Mink-Shadow is what lead me down the CZ road initially.

I've since moved on to the LEM (P30 and P2000 - which is also similar to G19 in size). YMMV.
    After reading of your report on sand, I replaced the OEM mag springs with Wolff extra power springs. These Wolff plus springs feel more positive. I also reload to a Mec-Gar 18 round full size magazine, which has been reliable in sand in my USPSA shooting in AZ.

As a DA/SA analog to a G19, I would also look at the P07. I think the OEM mags are terrific and you can still reload to a P09 or CZ 75 full size mag. The P07 also gives you the choice of decocker or safety, and has a lower parts count than the P01 if that matters.

I find the P01 and P07 to be very shootable and a great size for concealed carry. All three you mentioned are great choices. I think the CZ is most shootable, the Sig best supported with accessories and the HK most bulletproof in function.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have no experience with the P-01, but did end up going from a G19 to a P2000 V2 primarily for an additional margin of safety with AIWB. I've found that the P2000, particularly with the large backstrap, very closely approximates the characteristics of the G19.

Site Supporter
    I will be watching with interest - I keep eyeing the CZ line, specifically the P07 and P09. I carry a M&P 9 FS and compete with a M&P 9 PRO (5 inch) but I keep getting drawn toward the CZ and several local shooters have gone the CZ route in competition. Absolutely no reason to switch but....

The P2000 is probably the closest hammer-fired DA/SA alternative to the Glock 19. It's virtually identical in size, although it carries two rounds less. OTOH, it uses USPc magazines, which are reasonably cheap and easy to find.

Does the non-standard magazine release on the HK pistols put anyone else off?

I have a USP 9 and its easy to manipulate but at the same time, under stress, ive trained with the mag button all these years, not the paddle

Quote Originally Posted by DGI View Post
    Does the non-standard magazine release on the HK pistols put anyone else off?

I have a USP 9 and its easy to manipulate but at the same time, under stress, ive trained with the mag button all these years, not the paddle
    I put my shooting hand thumb in the same position to drop the mag I did with Glocks since 1990 and 1911s since 1973 and the mag drops the same. YMMV.

I've actually found it easier. I've been consistent with it for the last 10 months though. Dry fire is your friend.

Additionally, I would echo GJM's sentiments regarding the P-07. If I am enticed to try CZ again it will be the P-07 (2014 and later). m4 carbine has about a 90 page thread with Mike Pannone commenting often and expanding on his previous P-07 article.

http://shootersmagazine.com/cz-p-07-...y-knows-about/

Quote Originally Posted by DGI View Post
    Any thoughts?
    My thoughts are to keep it stock and learn to live with whatever qualities it has. I am about to put my double - triple custom, depending how one counts, for sale with about 700 - 800 bucks write off. Watch the classifieds.

User Tag List