Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rounds forward or rounds backward in Mag placement

.... At any rate, it is mechanically more efficient.....
    Interesting. I'd love to hear his reasons for believing that.

Never could get through any of his videos/shows.....
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I was gonna guess Pincus or Yeager. I wouldn't be surprised to hear one of them endorse pulling the trigger with your support hand thumb.

Rounds forward for me.

We had several instances, when a shooter with rounds facing backwards was able to push the frist round some millimeters out of the magazine, when he hit the upper part/edge of the pouch while drawing the magazine out of it. Then he could not load the magazine in the pistol of course, because the frist round sticked out to much. Therefore we teach rounds facing forward, because now this failure is not possible anymore.

Pistol mags: bullets forward. Rifle mags: bullets to the rear. Am I weird?

Site Supporter
    Ever get confused between the two? Serious question. I don't shoot enough rifle to have thought about this. I keep the latter forward.

Quote Originally Posted by pdb View Post
    Pistol mags: bullets forward. Rifle mags: bullets to the rear. Am I weird?
    I dont think so. That is how I run them. For me it is because I use a different grip for a rifle mag than I do a pistol mag.

As to the earlier question as to who. Those who answered RJP are correct. That is who I was referring to.

Luckily for Pincus he doesn't believe in shot timers, either. A lot of USPSA guys like Stoeger run bullets out.

From my Motorola StarTAC.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Luckily for Pincus he doesn't believe in shot timers, either. A lot of USPSA guys like Stoeger run bullets out.

That is a bit misleading since he runs his mags 90 degrees to the belt not in parallel. I wouldn't run that way because I cant conceal them, but if I did bullets out would be the correct orientation.

What's "misleading"?

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post

If I am not mistaken bullets out, with the mag rotated 90 degrees to what we call normal, still uses the same grip as bullets forward.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List