Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: .22LR rifle

Of the firearms I own, the .22lr's are my fav's. An M&P 15-22 is high on the list for a new purchase, but of the rifles I have (Mossberg 44, Ruger 10-22 hopped up, Ruger 77/22 and CZ 452 American) the 77/22 is my fav. This rifle has proven the equal, if not betters the accuracy of the CZ. I've read varying things on this rifle, but I think I got a good one. For a youngster, I forget the model name, but CZ has a variant with a shorter stock and what not.

I really suck at gun pics but here are a couple of my Winchester 75 Sporter made in 1948. I bought it last month after watching it languish in a shop full of ARs for a couple of years. Really looking forward to squirrel hunting with it this season. I'm digging the Lyman 57 E with Merit aperture.

Name:  Winchester 75 Sporting.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  104.0 KB

Name:  75 2.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  102.8 KB
    Last edited by vaspence; 12-07-2016 at 05:09 PM.

We have a M&P 15-22, CZ 455 Tacticool, and a Ruger American 22.

The Ruger and M&P are fun plinking guns but the CZ is a real shooter if you want to start making little cloverleafs.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I only have a sample of one, but the TacSol .22 uppers are very accurate for semi autos. I actually have two of them, but have only shot one extensively. It allowed me to shoot a 248 on the Appleseed course. I don't think may factory semis will approach that. I mention this becasue while we love our M&P 15-22's, the CZ is the accuracy cham around here, and the Tacsol is not too far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by hawthornearms View Post
    My dad is a 10/22 fan. I've never really gotten the appeal. Mag dumps on 22 LR are meh at best.
    At a match one time I did see a fun .22 for mag dumps- integrally suppressed 10/22 with a full auto trigger pack ;-)

Nice to see people here on the CZ train. I didn't grow up with guns and my first rifle I purchased myself was a CZ 452 Lux w/ walnut stock. It was beautiful and shot quite nice for iron sights. I sold it because I wanted to use a scope and got a 452 American 16" w/ threaded barrel. This sample shot very well too and even more fun with a Silencerco Sparrow attached. With CCI Quiet ammo, you could shoot indoors without anyone else in the house knowing. Sadly I had to sell it earlier this year and have regretted it ever since. I've been meaning to pick up a new .22 bolt rifle as a replacement but it's hard to justify with the cost of present .22LR ammo.

I even bought a 550 American in 6.5x55 Swede for my first deer rifle. I knew nothing about deer rifles (purchased sight unseen) and didn't realize how heavy it was so it was eventually sold too. Then I got a 75B SA and Kadet adapter.

Savage .270
    CZ 550 American 6.5x55
    CZ 452 Lux .22

My ideal rifle would probably be the PWS T3 Summit but it seems like it's discontinued because of all the small issues since inception. Quiet as a bolt action with suppressor and uses 10/22 mags and accessories. It would have been kitted with a Kidd trigger.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My favorite firearm is my 452 Lux.

My second favorite firearm is my 452 American.

My glock 19 and AR are tied for a distant third.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I screwed up early in the summer. Was feeling broke at the time, and failing to buy a CZ Scout for $272 shipped to my FFL seemed responsible. In hindsight, I shoulda.
    Dude, get out of my head.
    This is pretty much exactly my current problem.
    Can't find a Scout anywhere.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Wow, a lot has happened since I started this thread.

I had the opportunity to participate in a few kids' firearms safety / marksmanship fundamentals classes. Ages ranged from 8-17. Here were some observations.

• Ruger American (Standard) .22 -- very unwieldy for smaller statured kids.
    • Henry Pump and Lever .22 Rifles -- these went down quite a bit with feeding / ejection issues, the mag tube seemed to be a problem.
    • Smith and Wesson M&P22 -- solid, kids liked em
    • Tacsol AR-LT .22 -- made the S&W rifles seem a little shoddy back-to-back, nice rifle
    • Ruger 10/22 -- a little unwieldy for smaller statured kids
    • Tacsol X-Ring -- wow. Everyone loved it.

Still very much enjoying our CZ Scout. It's so handy and easy to deal with. Awesome little .22, need to pair it with a nice optic.
    Last edited by jc000; 12-08-2016 at 07:57 PM.

My 70 Year Old Remington Model 512

I received this Remington .22 Long Rifle bolt gun for my 10 birthday in 1952. It’s had thousands of rounds through, escpecially in my youth….squirrel hunting, rat shooting at the dump, general plinking and killing very large numbers of sparrows, black birds and others. Growing up in Louisiana, guns were part of life, and I kept it in my closet at home. It was a different time.

Over the years it was pretty beat up, so when I decided to hand it on to my grandson Peter in New Mexico, it received a makeover. My gunsmith James Willis in Elm Grove LA cleaned it up and refinished the metal. My son-in-law, who’s a custom cabinet maker, refinished the wood.

Here are some pics….

Name:  E95CA807-7D87-4710-989E-62F783FEF4C3.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  40.5 KB

Name:  2FA16E07-F09F-4034-A790-BC714154468F.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  38.8 KB

Name:  C33507AF-D9DE-4413-AA22-0D3A7EA0284C.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  66.3 KB
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

User Tag List