Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for Tamara, or others with historical S&W knowledge

Site Supporter

Question for Tamara, or others with historical S&W knowledge

Do you know which models S&W offered their round-butt target stocks (the banana) on? I know they were common on the 3" 547, what others?

Would it be tasteless to install a pair on a 4" RB Model 10?

I have them on a 10. Of course its a pretty rare 3" 10-10 Brazilian contract overrun, but "a Model 10" nonetheless. The stocks look great on them. I have also seen a set with a weird lanyard ring on a 3" Model 66 Secret Service retirement gun that was pretty neat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Yep they look great on that revolver. Interesting seeing a Model 10 with a shrouded ejector rod. But then, I have a Model 15 with a shrouded ejector rod so I guess it's not so strange.

Man I like that model 10

I take it S&W would build you anything you wanted as long as you bought enough of them. I recall a fixed sight M28/27? For some state police?

I have them on a NY-1 64-5 from the NYPD. It is one of 932 sent to NYPD with a 4 inch heavy barrel and round butt grip frame. All have a brushed finish and laser engraved serial number on the frame below the cylinder, fixed sights, and are factory double action only. She is still wearing the factory set of round butt magnas.

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I take it S&W would build you anything you wanted as long as you bought enough of them. I recall a fixed sight M28/27? For some state police?
    That would be the first M-520; fixed sight N frame made for the New York State Police. Nyeti has a primo example of one of these..

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    That would be the first M-520; fixed sight N frame made for the New York State Police. Nyeti has a primo example of one of these..
    You mean this old thing....;-)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Site Supporter
    Nice. Every time I see those for sale online I am really tempted, even for the money. Nice stocks too -- Spegel?

Yep fitted Spegel extended boots.

User Tag List