Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Single stack striker fired

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Just to clarify from the OP I am asking who is going to introduce the first polymer single stack 9mm that is going to be widely popular with plenty of aftermarket support and really strong sales. Based on current offerings I am most likely to say SIG.
    To answer your original question (sorry for my PPS love-drift!) I think if Glock releases their single stack nine this first quarter that's probably gonna; be the ticket.

Love Drift is cool. Because of your satisfaction and posted experiences with the PPS I have considered it in the past. Input is always good. I've heard the Glock rumor. If they keep the current trigger it won't compare with the 320 or the VP9 trigger but it will gain instant wide spread acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    To answer your original question (sorry for my PPS love-drift!) I think if Glock releases their single stack nine this first quarter that's probably gonna; be the ticket.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I think TCinVA shot mine next to his Shield and subjectively he preferred the Shield IIRC.
    True, primarily because of two factors:

1. The Shield's external safety comes in handy when shoving the gun down the front of my pants (I might be paranoid on this point)
    2. My big meaty paws interfere with the magazine release on the PPS

Craig's gun shot very well and it's a solid contender in the single stack game.
    3/15/2016

For a CCW pistol I've really come to appreciate the security of the paddle magazine releases.
    PPS for me.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Vending Machine Operator
    Triggers are subjective, but I can say that my first time with a PPS, using the medium sized 7-round magazine and the large 8-round magazine, I shot 100 rounds as accurately or more accurately than 100 rounds through my Beretta PX4 full-size that I've been shooting for 5 years. I credit what was, to me, a remarkably predictable trigger. I was making a pretty decent spinner-show of a shooting tree at 25 yards (not an estimate, marked police range). I'm very happy I have finally purchased one. In some ways it's the antithesis of my LCP. The LCP is incredibly concealable and reliable, but, for me any way, nearly unshootable. Outside of 3-5 yards I'd be better off with a baseball bat. The PPS is a bit chunkier than some of the other single-stack nine contemporaries, but is amazingly shootable. I know the Shield is the current pistol de rigueur, and it's a nice gun, but in my time with both the PPS was the one that stole my affections.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

2. My big meaty paws interfere with the magazine release on the PPS
    Tim that might even be different now that I have the larger backstrap on it plus the wraparound rubber grip shit. I'll have it at the Tac Conference if you want to finger bang it or shoot it.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    May have to do that. Might have to bring my new single-stack 9, too...although it's a bit heavier than the PPS.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I credit what was, to me, a remarkably predictable trigger.
    That's a really good point and I agree with that assertion completely.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    May have to do that. Might have to bring my new single-stack 9, too...although it's a bit heavier than the PPS.
    More deadlifting!

http://www.gunnuts.net/2014/06/13/he...ch-vp9-review/ " After taking a break from accuracy drills, Dot Torture was attempted again, this time getting a clean score of 50/50. On the 99 Drill, I shot a 92/99, which is a PR on that drill for me. The VP9 turned in excellent groups with all types of ammo used. "

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...-Sig-320/page2 ""I've got 500 Rd through a new full size 320. I'm over 15 years on Glock. To echo Psalms point the reset is pretty damn short. I've found it remarkably easy to hit with.

My small handed shooters manage the med grip easier than a Glock and reach the controls easier. I've been surprised at the ease of shooting it fast and have found overall faster Bill Drills capable than with my Glocks. I am not sure why.

So far on a few other drills and plate racks, pretty even vs a G17. Trigger feels lighter but scales a pound heavier than my minus connector Glocks to my surprise. We think recoil feels lighter vs G17.

I'm pretty impressed so far."

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Love Drift is cool. Because of your satisfaction and posted experiences with the PPS I have considered it in the past. Input is always good. I've heard the Glock rumor. If they keep the current trigger it won't compare with the 320 or the VP9 trigger but it will gain instant wide spread acceptance.

User Tag List