Thread: Finger Position on Glock Trigger

Finger Position on Glock Trigger

I run 1911's exclusively but I occasionally diddle with a Gen 4 Glock 19 I picked up awhile back.

This one has the small backstrap and a GFA installed. Besides that and a 10-8 rear and an Ameriglo front, it's bone stock. I haven't even done the 25 cent trigger job on it.

Tonight's diddling via dryfire seems to indicate that I have MUCH less sight movement (side to side) after the trigger breaks if I use the second pad of my trigger finger, SHO, WHO and both hands. I mean, it's a dramatic difference in trigger control.

I run the 1911 best with just the tip of my finger.

Am I talking myself into something or is this just a lack of time and experience running a Glock trigger?
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    I run 1911's exclusively but I occasionally diddle with a Gen 4 Glock 19 I picked up awhile back.

This one has the small backstrap and a GFA installed. Besides that and a 10-8 rear and an Ameriglo front, it's bone stock. I haven't even done the 25 cent trigger job on it.

Tonight's diddling via dryfire seems to indicate that I have MUCH less sight movement (side to side) after the trigger breaks if I use the second pad of my trigger finger, SHO, WHO and both hands. I mean, it's a dramatic difference in trigger control.

I run the 1911 best with just the tip of my finger.

Am I talking myself into something or is this just a lack of time and experience running a Glock trigger?
    I've seen that work for people with very large hands/long fingers. I don't think there is a one size fits all answer for trigger finger position regardless of the gun. Whatever it takes for you to press the trigger straight to the rear without disturbing the sights, both slow fire and at speed, will be what you want to utilize.

Pat McNamara says he has a similar experience:
    http://soldiersystems.net/2013/10/26...t-mcnamara-14/
    When I transitioned from 1911 to Glock 19 (For administrative reasons) about a decade ago, I would push my group to my non-firing side. Frustrated, I called a friend at the AMU and asked his advice. He told me that he puts so much finger on the trigger that when complete with his trigger squeeze, he can drop his magazine with his trigger finger. This became my magic elixir. Since sinking my finger, I’ve straightened out my group. I teach this as well with some push back mind you.

I agree with the above advice by givo08. I was reminded of how sensitive the Glock trigger is to finger placement yesterday, shooting support hand groups at 25. (spent the whole session shooting the head at 25 yards) A tiny bit more or less finger can make a big difference in POI. No right answer -- figure out what works for you.

My solution is less finger, but that is just me. I strive for a feeling where the trigger feels like it is going directly into the base of my palm. This is not a recommendation to do what I do -- just do what works for you.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks for the responses. Kinda what I thought. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't about to lean on a mental crutch.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

User Tag List