Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 and night sight options.

Beretta 92 and night sight options.

Which iteration of the Beretta 92 allows for installing night sights? Seems like most 92's are not able to accommodate them.

92A1, Vertec, Elite I, Elite II, 92G-SD, Brig Tac and the new BUSA product have a dovetailed front sight and tritium sights available.

Or Tool Tech if you have a fixed front sight.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Vending Machine Operator
    I am always a bit baffled at how hard it is to find a 92 with night sights installed from the factory, even with qualified purchaser/LEO credentials. I really want a railed 92 with nightsights in G-config to supplant my stock 92FS as my go-to gun, but that seems to be a hard thing to put together.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comedian View Post
    Which iteration of the Beretta 92 allows for installing night sights? Seems like most 92's are not able to accommodate them.

They will all take night sights. The standard 92s/M9s will require you to send the slide to tooltech where they will drill the front sight post and install a tritium vial. Meprolights don't require the slide to be sent in, but I wouldn't trust their setup. 92s with the Brigadier slide, Vertecs, and some of the newer models have removable front sights as well.

ToolTech/Trijicon; they have the equipment, experience, and expertise. They are very helpful as well.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    92A1, Vertec, Elite I, Elite II, 92G-SD, Brig Tac and the new BUSA product have a dovetailed front sight and tritium sights available.

Or Tool Tech if you have a fixed front sight.
    92G SD is the decocker only? What does SD stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by Comedian View Post
    92G SD is the decocker only? What does SD stand for?
    Super Dave
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I purchased a 92F several months ago that already had night sights. They were very dim and I wanted them recharged so I called Tooltech. I mailed my slide today and they told me it would be a 4-6 week turn around. They will recharge Trijicon night sights and several other manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Super Dave
    What is this referring to?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Dave Harrington. The SD is a Beretta version he helped to get made. Railed, g config, dovetailed sights.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List