Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: HK VP9 vs Sig 320

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    OHHHHH "pipeline". Now I get it!

Yeah I meant the Sig parts pipeline. lol
    The promised modularity of the P320 is just vaporware until I'm actually able to go on Midway or Brownells, etc. and buy slides, barrels and grip frames easily. And mags.

I prefer complete pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    The promised modularity of the P320 is just vaporware until I'm actually able to go on Midway or Brownells, etc. and buy slides, barrels and grip frames easily. And mags.
    They are available from Sig, it is just a wait because they are out of stock. On the Book of Faces there are numerous posting about receiving the caliber conversion kits, and frames. I would hardly consider that vaporware, it is a product that is selling out a rate out pacing production.

Vaporware is the M&P SIRT.

I order directly from the SIG academy pro shop in NH, they had the grips out to me the next day, $36.00 and change per unit.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone else seen the you tube video of a 1000 round test of a P320? 1000 rounds were fired as fast as possible with multiple shooters. The frame melted a little in specific places.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    Has anyone else seen the you tube video of a 1000 round test of a P320? 1000 rounds were fired as fast as possible with multiple shooters. The frame melted a little in specific places.
    Yes, and that frame melting is pretty common in polymer guns.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    Outside of "stupid internet tricks" why would I care? If it was water cooled and belt fed, I'd be concerned.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    NO the lads have each just married. Separately I'm having profound strong hand thumb conflicts alternating guns. After a while on the 320 where I'm tucking my strong hand thumb down out of the way; it's jacked up when I go back to Glock. To overcome it, I'd really have to want to. So I shoot Glock grip and just accept some slide lock interference on the 320.

This same thing is happening to me on the VP9. Being left handed it has never been an issue before.

I stopped by a local shop to grab a few boxes of HSTs and was able to compare a 320 compact to a VP9. While the 320 looks smaller the two are virtually identical in height. The official measurements reflect that but the Sig still feels smaller. I have a VP9 and will be getting a 320 compact at some point even though they both fill the same role.

VP9 and 320 Compact

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I find the timer a better measure than feel. When it warms up, I have VP9 and 320 out in holsters, and plan to shoot some Bill drills later this morning when it warms up.

This is a stock P320 full size in 9mm, HD night sights. Running 124gr rounds. I think you'll be happy with your results. My P320's trigger is 7.65lbs on the digital Lyman scale.
    Last edited by crossrifles; 02-20-2015 at 10:37 PM.

User Tag List